? about 2 band/3 band charger

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kenny Guess

Reaction score
Have a 2 bank on-board charger on my tracker. Never had one before so the questioin is: What does the 2 or 3 bank mean? I thought it meant that it charges 2 or 3 batteries but I think the one I have only charges the troll motor, right? Maybe i am wrong about having a 2 bank charger on my 2004 PT 175 . If you can answer that ? for me I would appreciate it. Thanks, Kenny

1 bank for each battery, if you have a 24 volt trolling motor - 2 bank minimum,

36 volt TM - 3 bank minimum. you can also use a bank for your cranking battery.

i have a 36 V TM and use a 4 bank charger in my boat.

If you have a 12 volt trolling motor, just hook one charger lead to the tm battery and one to the starter battery and relax. It does all the rest except normal maintenance, i.e., water, clean contacts, etc. just like a car.

Kenny - I think the 2 bank on your Tracker is a Guest 2611, the same I had put on my 2000, it should be hooked up to both the 1 deep cycle trolling battery and to the 1 cranking battery. The motor is hooked backup to the cranking battery, but unless you run LONG runs you'll never with the small size of the alternator on a small motored bass boat charge it back up. Just plug the charger in when ever you are not using the boat and check the water levels in the batteries every few months and forgetaboutit!!

Back