A couple of questions...

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Steve Hutson

Reaction score
I have a couple of questions relating to my P/T 185.

1. I have purchaced a ski ladder to mount on the back. Any suggestions? I have had one on all of my bass boats (dealer instaled) for cold water safety and ease of boarding while playing.

2. Does the live well have a seperate fuse? As I will be using it as a cooler, I want to fix it so lake doesn't come in on my groceries. Also, if I do need to use it as a live well, I can slip the fuse back in.

Thanx,

Steve

Steve,

I bought a rubber "cork" from the hardwre store and insert it into the drain and fill.

Thanks Gary, I have plugged the "auto-fill/drain" at the bottom of the live well. I wanted to take the correct fuse out so the switch doesn't accidently get turned on.

One of our neighbors kids accidently hit the switch on my ChampioN ruining a bunch of chips and snacks.

Here's a couple of pics of my ladder.

david....
2003_0804_SwimPlatform.jpg

Here is a pic of my ladder. I actual like Davids better especialy if you're going to use it a bunch like we do in the summer. But to take up less space and use when ever you need it the fold up one on my boat works great. Only difference I would do again is to mount it farther out away from the OB, folks have a tendency to grab the steering bar on the OB to help them selves up and get a fist full of grease!!

On the Livewell, I don't have the same system in my Pro Crappie 175 that you do in the 185. Mine has a on-off valve in the livewell (each one plus in each of the bait wells) so I just turned it off and for extra protection put a little ball of silicon between the fitting and the valve. Of course now that Bob G is gonna ride in the S.S.Daddy at the Rally I have to remove the silicone so he can use the rear livewell!!
ladder.JPG

Trep,

You might have to change "SS Daddy" to "SS Minnow"!! LOL!

Do you have an extra life jacket that I can use? If not, I'll have to pack one. Let me know.

Bob G.

Back