700 dc good boat?

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Was supposed to pick up new Skeeter sx180 this week but am getting cold feet,livewells on that boat are puny,about 14"long,16" diagonaliy,saw Nitro 700 dc new at a dealership,now might change my mind cause them monthly payments are for a long time.Any of you fellows own a 700 rig out there?

I would go with bigger boat..... If were me..... could you find a NX882?

I had one and loved it!!!!!

Pete - Its all in what you need, what you can afford (now and on gas) and what type of water you fish.

I bought a used 700lx DC last August (From the guy who runs this site) it's got the 115 carb'd merc on the back and I love it. Its just 17ft even, has a lot of storage, rides great in moderate chop, and will run into the low-mid 50's.

If I was tournament fishing i'd definetly want an 18-19fter with the Max HP, but I am a weekend angler. The Livewell on the 700 is 28 gallons (divider so you can pull it out if you need more space for # or size of fish). The space behind the console is a bit tight, so if you are large in the gut it will probably not fit you well, though there is WAY more then enough leg room under both consoles for a 7fter!!! LOL

Trep

Pete - Its all in what you need, what you can afford (now and on gas) and what type of water you fish.

I bought a used 700lx DC last August (From the guy who runs this site) it's got the 115 carb'd merc on the back and I love it. Its just 17ft even, has a lot of storage, rides great in moderate chop, and will run into the low-mid 50's.

If I was tournament fishing i'd definetly want an 18-19fter with the Max HP, but I am a weekend angler. The Livewell on the 700 is 28 gallons (divider so you can pull it out if you need more space for # or size of fish). The space behind the console is a bit tight, so if you are large in the gut it will probably not fit you well, though there is WAY more then enough leg room under both consoles for a 7fter!!! LOL

Trep

This is what I can afford,do plan a few tournaments,also I enjoy catching walleyes,so 28 gallon livewell sounds good.On the net I've heard Nitro boats quality isn't so good,like on the BFHP,but over the years at the ramps anyone I asked about their Nitro they were happy.Some times may be the net isn't always positive and we also get over informed.Got a open mind about Nitro's,hek I been reading this site for quite a while now tring to soak in information.Also I don't want a bigger boat and do want a new rig as I plan to keep it for a while17 footer will be easier for me to tow,store and pay for gas.

Pete - I too back in 2000 heard ALL the cr$p on the Bash Fishing Home Page about Nitro/Tracker. You will find a few (maybe 1%) of the members here that have had real major problems, but almost all of them ended up in a positive resolution. And yes, i'm aware of a few "other" brands having problems too, I know a guy with a brand new Ranger back in 2002 that had major issues and never resolved to his satisfaction.

So, that said, if you plan to keep the boat for a while, the 700lx fits your needs and your budget go for it. What motor do you plan to get with it?

Trep

Back