2nd best day fishing ever

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bruce Freeman

Reaction score
Folks I can stand it no longer I got to brag some. My buddy Randy and I went out on Wed to pre-fish for a TX He and his brother Fred are fishing Sat. Well after fishing docks most of the morning and only getting 1 LM. I begged,whined,forced my opinion on him (I was driving the boat) to fish this spot we had fished a few times with no fish ever caught. This spot has everything a fish needs. Forage,shade,deep water,skinny water and it is hard to reach. I can pick up the TM and get our txs17 will run in 6 inches of water and thats what it takes to get here. Well lost 1 first cast on a SB,2nd cast lost another? fished around (I am trying to keep it short) Found a spot boated my 2nd fish 3rd so far. kept on going to what looked like better cover. No luck came back over this point and caught 2 on a Lizzard While Randy was changing lures. Darn out of pumkin/chartruse lizzards while I was looking for something else to throw Randy boated 4 LM (1 every cast) biggest was 4lb smallest was 2 to 2.5..Crank bait..Ha I had one tied on. Folks we caught so many LM just fishing this point we where changing colors to see what worked..I mean I learned alot that day. all told we boated over 40 LM with all kinds of lures. so we hit the other areas of water with same depth and no luck. Randy did catch a 9lb Catfish on a Bandit crank bait..What a day.

BF

Best Day. Was along time ago 15 years? Randy and I were at this private pond and tried out these new Srike king Buzz Baits (The first buzz bait he or I had ever owned). well you just stand on the bank and cast futher up the shore Bang got a fish. take one step and repeat. We each caught about 60 fish that night. Nothing bigger than 2 lbs but it was a blast an probably what snagged me on Bass Fishing.

BF

Back