2004 Targa Line

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Steve Helscher

Reaction score
Anyone seen the new Targa 17? I am looking to get one, but need to know what is different, if anything, from the 2003. I have heard that the front baitwell is gone. That would be fine with me.

How soon will literature and the website be updated?

Thanks for any help

I've seen the 04 Targa 18'

The dealer here in KC has one in stock.

Not sure if there are any diff. between the 17 and 18'---

One of the biggest changes is the rear casting platform-- it opens into a bench seat. -- The rod storage is gone from the front-- Hard to explain the front design / layout....Not sure if the dealer here has any literature or not on 04's??

You can call Dennis at Sportmans -- 816-524-2277. Great guy-- I worked with him when I bought my 03 Targa 18sc.

Good Luck HaleDamage

PS -- Sportmans still has some new 02 and 03 Targas in stock -- maybe they will "deal" on those?????

Thanks for the info. My dealer here said that he was not aware of any changes, but that there was going to be a Targa 18 Sport. Maybe that is what your dealer has. Someone in an earlier post had mentioned the Targa was becoming more of a pleasure boat and less fishing. Maybe the WT boats are moving that direction.

I got a reply from corporate today. They asked for more info then I gave them the first time. Will wait again. The turn around was less than 24 hours. Pretty good, huh!

ere's what I have heard from Tracker about the Targa 17 WT

New colors and graphics

Lowrance X37

new upholstry

Aft 3 across sitting

removable bow platform

extended beam

toe kick

floor side recess for better drainage

new retractable safty cables on trailer

new styleswing-away trailer tongue

Back