2000 185 SPORT

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BOB SMILEY

Reaction score
2 QUESTIONS : WHY DO I GET WATER IN IN-BOARD SKI STORAGE COMPARTMENT. ( 3 - 4 INCHES)

In line with that, where can I get a plumbing schematic ?

What are the 2 switches for behind the drivers seat on inside of gunwhale.

Thanks

The ski storage area should have a drain. Maybe it's clogged. If it doesn't have one, make one. Maybe your bilge is full of water.

I'm not sure what 2 switches you're looking at. I don't know what a gunwhale is. Can you post a pic?

I have a 2001 Nitro 175 Sport F & S. I am sure they are quite similar.

The ski compartment does not have a drain. It also does not have a watertight seal around the deck lid. If it gets heavy rain or water from boarding swimmers/skiers the water will pool in the compartment. 3 - 4 inches of water seems alot as it is somewhat a large compartment. If you are sure it is not from rain, melting snow or boarding swimmers/skiers, then try this. Make sure all water is out of bilge and livewell and wherever else it can get; then put water into the compartment and watch where it drains to. If it comes in, it also has to go out. You'll find your source. The boat needs to be on the trailer to check this. My guess is it comes from some source I mentioned as it is not directly open to other sources.

As to the two switches, my boat does not have them but, I'd also think they are p & s fuel tanks.

I don'tknow of any existing plumbing schematic.

My 2000 185 Sport has only one gas tank. Look under the back hatches, should be one 30 something gallon gas tank.

A gunwhale is most time pronounced " gunnel". It is the top of the sides of the boat. I'm guessing I spelled it correctly.

Thanks for everyone's feedback. I like the one about pouring water in the compartment with boat on trailer.

bob

FIREDOG978...

My Bro-in-law just passed away last summer. He was a retired Cincinnati Policeman - 28 years. He retired 8 years ago. I too just retired and agree fishing and grandkids are # 1.

Bob, I likely knew your bro-in-law. Sorry to hear he passed. I did 30 years and retired 4 years ago. My daughter is a Cinci. police officer and my son a Cinci. firefighter. Numerous other relatives are also Cinci. police or fire.

If you're ever in Bass Pro (Cincinnati), look me up in fishing. I'm prt-time but only retired ff there.

Latest posts

Back