1st place and 2nd big fish Pic

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Michael Meier

Reaction score
We managed to take a little winter time money from the locals Sat. A 41+ and a 42+ held up. Sorted thru a bunch of 20's and 30's to get these two. It's better than sitting in the recliner!!:lol:

MikeTXcatfish42.jpg

Those suits are NEVER gonna come clean!! Better get some Oxyclean!!:lol::lol: Good looking turd vaccuum's!! Congrats.

TOXIC

C,....you don't even smile that much holding up a 5lb smallie!!..WTF?! (and like Tox said,.....smallmouth won't spoooze all over your rainsuit!!):eek::rolleyes:

NICE Cat's fellas!

I'm just saying ... you two are starting to look like catfishing guys; I'm expecting missing teeth and backy stained chins any time now.

I'd love to have that slime all over my rainsuit, it would be worth a washing.

nice work fellas. CIII you need to try your technique here! There are some BIG cats in Clair and no one fishes them!

HAHAH You all are too funny!!!!! But, thanks!

Sue had to wash my suit two times to get the smell out!!!!

Mac, No way man! I smile that much with the big smallies, but this one was a bit sweeter. Some of the "folks" (see Marty's comment) seem to not like bass guys fishing this!

I am surprised no one said anything about me holding the fish at port arms.....

Teri, no on the noodling, water is a wee bit cold..36 to 38 degrees. We have some stout gear to get them in!

Mini, really?? I can bring my mess up there and look!

Well now CIII, I don't have any opposition to bass guys catfishing.

Danged if you aren't holding him in prime port arms position?! Well done!

Nice Fish...They are fun to catch..used to get them that big on trot lines,Never on a rod..

The slime is a little tough on the suits. Washer load and soak for 2 hours and then hit the wash cycle.

You can carry all your tackle in one single box. 80 lb braid, 125 lb Surflon leader, 9/0 Kale hook, and a 6 oz no roll weight. Pretty much the same stuff I rig out for live bait sail fishing off-shore if were edge slipping the Gulf stream. Add a little cut shad caught that morning from the power plant outflow, and your ready to fish. Where else can you weigh a single fresh water fish that equals two bass tournament weights? If you have never done this, your missing allot of fun and some serious drag burning even with the braid dogged down!!!

VA/MD law is you can have one blue cat over 30" in your possesion. Hence the two fish weigh in.

Thanks Dan!

Mike is right, easy to move around with the gear anyway. One Plano box with hook, sinkers and you are good to go!

Latest posts

Back