1st fish of the year

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rob LaMoy

Reaction score
Well I promised my boy we would go night/bullhead fishing on Friday and off we went. Well it got COLD. We had my little cousin there too. He loves to fish and asked to come along, and my mom came to help watch them near the water. So we got our fire blazing and rods out with another 20 locals getting drunk nearby.

Well, Quinten (cousin) caught the first fish. That kids has eyes like a hawk and saw the smallest twitch in the line. Unfortunately they didn't bite for Cody, my boy, and he was under the impression (from fishing with me in the boat) that I have the ability to MAKE them bite. He wanted me to MAKE them bite his line. He didn't get bit and had to go home as it got late, and wouldn't ya know, not even 2 minutes after he left, the pole he had been using loaded up with a nice one. Oh well, sunfish and perch are moving into the shallows for his next outting. Had a buddy from work there too. All in all, we caught about 14 and they were all good sized. Was just nice to feel a fish....ANY fish on the end of a line again.

Took the boat out Saturday on Black Lake. My brother caught on smallmouth on a crappie jig in a fifty foot hole in the river ust up from my camp. Perch where moving in droves up the river to spawn. Walleys are there now. We caught sixty + bullheads Saturday night. Dave Dygert caught most of them, they just kept me cleaning them.

When it comes to kids though there's know greater feeling of joy than in watching a young kid pulling in his first fish. Looking at coming your way the 15th or 16th of may to do a little fishing and searching out in the lake.

Hope to see you then. Jim

Call me and remind me. Will do! Marke is coming Memorial day weekend. Maybe you should try that weekend too. Will be a little busy on the water, but hey....we know the "secret" tires! LOL Probably get Buzz and Bob too!

Rob,

I don't think Curtis is bringing his boat. Figured we would be fishing out of yours and mine in the very least.

Bob G.

Back