170DC update

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chris Droke

Reaction score
Well finally found a great marine tech. in my area who knows his stuff and is willing to work! Here is my update on the 170DC. Had the water pump changed, had the carbs cleaned and adjusted. He found a loose connection under the cowling that appears to have solved the key switch issue. Oil injection tank is removed and she is premix only. I think that is one weak spot in the older injection motors, there is no warning to let you know if the oil pump has failed. Better safe than sorry, I'll go with the premix. Does anyone know who carries OEM tachs for the 1994 Nitro? He said he checked for blockage when he had the lower unit off and found none. He did say however that the overheat warning went off a few times during an hour test run. When he felt of the engine he said it was not hot at all. Any thoughts on the warning horn? Could it be a bad sensor or ignition switch problem?

Thanks for the input!

Well finally found a great marine tech..........He did say however that the overheat warning went off a few times during an hour test run. When he felt of the engine he said it was not hot at all.

I'd find another marine tech. If he was so great, he would have found the source of the alarm.

Back