Z7 Aluminum Wheel Upgrade?

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mike Wagner

Reaction score
Does anyone know the benefits of the aluminum wheel upgrade on a Z7 trailer compared to the wheels it comes with? As far as I'm concerned, getting brakes is a necessity, but I'm not sure about the aluminum wheels. Thanks,

Mike

Chrome wheels rust and flake. Brake dust from your trailer brakes will eat it up unless you constantly keep them clean. Even as "Type A" as I can be, my very first factory new rig in 1994 had chrome plated steel wheels when I got it. They rusted in no time, even though I cleaned them regularly. Of note though - I fished in VA, along the coast. Lots of brackish water. However, when I changed to aluminum rims - no more issues. I cleaned them every time, and the aluminum rims never gave me one bit of trouble.

All the best,

Glenn

Thanks, Glenn. I guess it does make sense to get the aluminum wheels along with the brakes.

If you are buying new than I know they have upgraded the standard wheels. I bought mine new in2010 and the standard wheels were black rims with cheap plastic chrome wheel covers. I really didn't care as I am not in any boat fashion shows lol BUT after having to have 3 covers replaced due to them falling off going down the highway I bought some rims. Nitro has since fixed this and now offers a decent wheel I believe just not going to be as fashionable.

Yes Greg, matter of fact I do. I have a couple pics on my phone but havent go them transferred yet. I will work on that for you.:D

Latest posts

Back