Your Tax Dollars hard at work? ; )

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TOMMY RICH

Reaction score
Since someone:rolleyes:brought up the guvment....I just had to stir the pot a little more.

I work for Wright Patterson AFB, Ohio.

My job consists of everything pertaining to Accounting and in particular Travel Accounting...which is the section I am currently in. Now understand that Wright Patt does tons of travel orders daily. More than any base..in the world! I take care of all the 445th Reserves orders and various other documents pertaining to travel. I also maintain the TOS (Travel Order System) for WP and all users password resets, problems and the daily files for the whole base.

Let's just say...I'm BUSY!

Now....Starting about 5 years ago the Accounting offices do what they call HAMRE. Which bottom line is just a report of ALL open documents...valid or invalid. Well now it's gotten to the point of some serious auditing!

It now takes one person to do it and 4 people to tell me I done it right!

These people TRY to justify their positions OFF OF MY JOB!

I'm sooooooo sick of this crap! I do have our top divsion chief that is actually gonna' set with me for awhile today to run files and see how we maintain the Reserves.

I CAN'T WAIT!:D

When you work for the government daily and see all the waste...It makes ya' just wanna' PUKE!

I'm sorry for getting on my soapbox but, this has been a long time comin'!

And I don't wanna' hear any crap about US guvment workers.....I haven't had a full cost of living raise since 1995 and with gas and everything else going up but, your pay stays the same...IT HURTS!:angry:

But who's auditing the 4 guys auditing you? Perhaps you've paid them off with your high salary so that all 5 of you are buying $800 hammers :lol:

Geez, TEE..... You are ALWAYS so even tempered - or just plain jovial..... This must have REALLY been bugging you..... That pay raise stuff sucks.

Hey Tee, that is a office specific thing I think. We have a very small GS staff and have more work then can be accomplished in a day. You ALWAYS have work the nect day, and that is YOUR work, not someone elses work........

Latest posts

Back