You can run, but you can't hide...

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rich D

Reaction score
I read this on MLB.com, not fishing related, but interesting.

Welcome home, and pay up: Catcher Ben Davis was looking forward to returning home and spending a few nights in his own bed. But coming back was more costly than he imagined.

Prior to Tuesday night's game against the Phillies at Veterans Stadium, three officers from the Pennsylvania Game Commission walked into the visiting clubhouse and informed Davis that they were there to collect on a two-year-old fine, stemming from a hunting incident that happened when he was hunting deer with a friend.

Davis explained that his hunting buddy shot a deer, but already had used his tag. He didn't have another one, "so I used the one I had, but I didn't completely fill it out."

That's against the law and Davis was fined $171.50 for the infraction.

"If I hadn't done it, my friend would have had his hunting license taken away for five years," Davis said. "I thought I had already paid the fine."

But he didn't and the game wardens knew exactly where to find him.

"They have more power than a policeman," Davis said. "They could have taken me out of here in handcuffs.

"I gave them $172 (in cash) and told them to keep the change."

I wonder if it was Jack Lambert...

Rich D

Back