Yellow Jacket help

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rich Stern

Reaction score
Over the weekend, I was demolishing a porch in preparation to replace it, and I stirred up a nest of Yellow Jackets. Got stung six times. Very fun.

I can't see the nest. It's somewhere up under the porch. Today, I used some wasp spray and doused the area pretty good, but after a couple of hours, I still saw the wasps coming and going from the same area.

My question: Is there a fogging product that I can toss under there that will reach places I can't directly spray?

Depends on which type they are exactly. The ones that build the paper nests or the ones that nest in the ground. If they are in the ground you will have to find the nest. If it is the paper ones, you can go out at night (they don't fly at night) with a flashlight and scope them out and spray the nest with the foam wasp spray.

TOXIC

SEVIN dust. Garden product. If you can see where they land and walk dust the area with Sevin. If they get it on them they will die in seconds. We had a large bee colony under our porch and dusted the landing area and shot some into the crack they used for entry. They would come out and get the dust on them and drop dead half way across the yard. I put the Sevin in one of those Honeybear Honey squeeze dispensers worked perfect for shooting that Sevin powder into the crack and around the edge of the porch. They all died in one day. I did the dusting at night and didn't get stung but then I didn't stay around the area too long either.

if you use the sevin dust, just be real careful, it is a cholinestrase inhibiter, which means it can kill you, the cholinestrase is what transfers electrical impulses through your body and to much of this stuff and it will hurt your nervous system. now if you use it properly and with the right saftey gear its a good product, just be careful.

mike c

Mike if you dont mind me asking what do you do for a living? I am a nerve conduction tech and it's not everyday you you hear cholinesterase or ACH on NTOWS.:D:D:D

Donnie

Donnie Mike stayed at a Holiday Inn last night. (sorry could not help it)

Mike sounds like he knows what he is saying but Sevin has been used by gardeners for decades. Use reasonable precautions and common sense. Jezzz Mike you scared the snot out of me and I have been using it in my garden for years.

Problem solved, for the time being. I used a few fogger cans under the porch, then a couple of hours later, dusted with Sevin (the 5% stuff) atop/around their hole. A few hours later...no wasps in sight, all quiet.

Thanks for the advice.

And, man that Sevin is some sweet smelling stuff. I almust filt lik eeting sum, but stpped myrself asdfa ap8werp sd fa;.

:)

i am a super at a golf course. i used to have to spray some nasty chemicals back in the day, sevin being one of them, i can remember many years ago we used to come in an hour early the next morning after spraying sevin or some other chemicals to pick up the bodies before the course opened.

p.s. in the past i had 2 bosses when i was coming up the ranks that were forced to retire or given desk jobs because they could not pass a cholines. test,

In my line of work were are VERY serious about the chemical selection and how it could affect you now and later in life.

mike c

Latest posts

Back