Yeah...but can it fish???

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Andrew Zuber

Reaction score
from CNN:

Pet kangaroo 'hero' saves farmer

MELBOURNE, Australia (AP) --A partially blind pet kangaroo was hailed a hero Monday after helping rescue a farmer who suffered serious head injuries when he was hit by a falling branch.

The eastern gray kangaroo, Lulu, stood guard over Len Richards' unconscious body Sunday and "barked like a dog" to get help, the farmer's daughter said.

"She was obviously trying to get our attention because she never acts like that," Celeste Richards, 17, said.

"It went on for about 15 minutes, so we went outside to investigate and we saw Lulu standing upright with her chest puffed out over Dad's body. If it wasn't for her, my Dad could have died -- Lulu is my hero," she added.

Richards, 52, was checking his property in Morwell in Gippsland, southeast Australia, for damage following a severe storm when he was struck by a falling branch and knocked unconscious.

The kangaroo, which has just one eye, was adopted by the family about 10 years ago when they found her in the pouch of her mother, who had been killed by a car.

"Lulu and Dad are very close and she follows him around, but we all just love her so much," Celeste said.

Animal rights group the RSPCA urged the family to nominate Lulu for its National Bravery Award.

"From my point of view it's a darn good story and I would hope that Lulu is nominated," said RSPCA president Dr. Hugh Wirth.

I forwarded it to a friend of mine who lives in OZ. See what he says. Rescue Roos?

fatrap

Latest posts

Back