Yahoo! Going Fishing

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

James D.

Reaction score
Finally, all of the christmas traveling is over and all of the snow has melted. here in oklahoma it got up to 55 deg today and supposed to be up to 63 deg. tomorrow. got the rig hooked to the back of the truck, some new 20# line on my new curado, some salt craws tied on, the batteries charging, and the coffee pot timer set. can't wait. hope many of you can get out on the water to try out your new stuff.

jd

jd

jd

Keep rubbing it in James...just keep rubbing it in. You're making all kinds of Northern friends right now :eek:)

Have fun and let us know what you catch. Better yet take photos and post them before we forget what a bass looks like..LOL

Marke

hey marke,

didn't mean to rub it in - too much anyways. it got warm enough today but the wind was blowing like crazy 30 - 40 mph gusts and all day long. went anyways and there were 3 boats on the lake. talked to a couple of guys who fish there regularly when there isn't ice and they said they caught some good ones yesterday as the bite was on. no such luck today for anybody. when i left, i checked with the other 2 boats and nobody had even a bite. i was just happy to get out again. i am ready for a bigger trolling motor after today as it could barely go forward even on hi speed. i couldn't get out cause of the wind to try some of the deeper water i fish when they are not in the shallows. i'm sorry to say that today was not a kodak moment as not even a single bite was to be had. i thought i got a bite and set my hook real good into a tree limb and almost fought it to the boat. oh well, it felt like a real good one for about a half a second. another front is rolling through and looks like maybe some rain the next few days. fishing in december is one thing, but january and february are another. in about 70 days, it should get fun again.

jd

Glad to hear you made it out, JD! I heard those OK tree-bass were good fighters. You don't need a bigger trolling motor, though. You need a bigger boat...MINE! Will even deliver to OK (if we can water-test it on your honey holes!)

I passed on a duck-hunting trip to fish Ray Roberts on Saturday. Got to sleep in a little (no need to be on the water until 8 or so) and managed 3 good CR fish. One was a solid 4 lb'er in the slot. Was so happy to catch fish like that (I HATE jigging spoons!) Air temps as high as 70 and water temps climbing into mid 50's.

God Bless Texas (and Oklahoma, I guess!)

Hey James,

Considered getting out yesterday but decided to use the nice weather to install my new Garmin 160. Got about 1/2 way done and decided to refer back to MoFish's excellent grab bag article on installing a fishfinder. After seeing the RAM mount for the Garmin 160/240 I decided to wait until the mount comes in and then finish up.

The wind will keep me off the lake sooner than the tempurature will. I much prefer 45 degrees with a light breeze to like today, 60 with 30 to 40 mph wind. It's one of those points where I wish I had a nice heavy lowridding glass boat.

Sorry you had no luck today. I've been skunked my last several times out. Still learning the tricks of winter bassin'. But that's why we do it -- not because it's easy but because it a challenge. Right?

Harpo

scott -

love those curado's. i've got 2 or 3 now and really like them. i use them for pitchin and flippin and throwing spinnerbaits. seem to be a good quality reel which performs well out on the water.

adam - bring that boat on up here anytime. somebody needs to keep up with a couple of skeeters on this lake. the water temp was 43 deg. after the snow last week. the bite seems to be either on or off at this lake and there are many, many tree bass that have broke my line. i really laughed out loud when i found that my big bite was a tree as it felt so real. glad to hear you got into some good fish. Fork ought to be going pretty good in a month or two.

i would hang on to that boat if it catches good fish in the winter.

Harpo-

just about didn't go out but couldn't resist. i figure if nothing else, i get to scope out the lake when the water is down. you will really like the garmin and the ram mount. sounds like somebody did good this christmas! also heard from gary at the lake that the okc bass had some pbs extreme rods on sale real cheap. thought i'd let you know as i will try to get by there this week.

take care all,

jd

OH! From your post a couple of days ago, I had assumed that this was the first Curado you had owned.

scott,

i still get excited when i get a new curado! on christmas after opening some other presents like shirts and socks and stuff, that box with the big red bow turned out to be the curado (super free) i hinted at a while back. love those curados!

Latest posts

Back