Going for Some Boiled Bass

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Scott Hammer TOXIC

Reaction score
Boat is all loaded up. Fully stocked with Yamamoto plastics and SPRO cranks. Get to go spend a little 1 on 1 time with her tomorrow on the Hot side of Lake Anna. Normally I don't head over there until the snow hits but for the last few years there have been some club tourneys over there even though it is private. A homeowners group learned they could make some cash by hosting the tournaments and charging to park. 75-100 fish days used to be common. Not anymore. I'm hoping to get in on a little action before the tournaments have them all spooked. I's only 3,000 acres but it's got a lot of creeks, rip rap and other features. I'll try to snap some pics.
Here's an 8lber I caught in 2007.....in the middle of summer!!

05-19-07_1610.jpg

That was a goodie. I haven't even fished for largemouth in over a year. Keep thinking about it but Iowa's fishing for any species is so awful it's hardly worth the diesel to get there. I really envy those of you that have lots of water available to them. Tox how much fishable water do you have within a short distance of you? One of these Falls I might start showing up on you all's doorsteps. Right now it's the four hour run to Pickstown South Dakota for walleyes and smallies and it's too hot for that. I don't believe I've ever caught as many smallmouth as I have this year. I had one hit a crankbait laying in the water next to the boat while I was in 20fow. crazy fish. Anyway hopefully the weather will cool a bit and I can get my a$$ in gear and go. $4 a gallon diesel right now.
fatrap

Mike I live a ways out so it's always a drive...Carlos is literally 5 min from a ramp on the Potomac. I am an hour from him and 45 min to a closer ramp. I am an hour and 15 out from either the hot or cold side of Lake Anna. The nice thing is never having to winterize because the hot side never gets below the mid 50's in water temp. I have a couple trolling motor only lakes close but I just sold my little Bass Hunter pvc boat because I wasn't using it that much. Mainly went to a lake that was full of crappie for freezer fare anyway. Widen my range to 2-3 hours and there's a lot. Just so you know, I even let Greg catch one...you Walleye guys are ill suited for Green Stump Carp action:p Even though this is a smallie. He made himself useful by backing the boat in and wiping my brow when I got sweaty from catching all the fish!!:D:D:p

IMG-20130813-00205.jpg