Wouldn't You Know it

• Thread starter Scott Hammer TOXIC
  • Start date
Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Scott Hammer TOXIC

Reaction score
I finally start getting the water figured out down here just before I get sent back to DC. Fished a little tournament down here and managed a win and took some of the locals beer money!!:D Actually did it with a new technique that I had never thrown before but I was getting skunked and wanted to throw something different. I put a 6 inch Yamamoto Cut-Tail on a scrounger head (something I have never thrown). I actually bought them a year ago and was going to use them for a swimming senko to give it a little more action. Funny thing I discovered is that it will pull through the grass exposed hook without fouling. Look for an article soon...;)Three keepers and these 2 to top it off.

IMG00001-20110703-1308(1).jpg

TOXIC

Sweet. Never heard of the scrouner head jig. I see that Luck E Strike overs them in 3 different bill sizes. What size did ya use?

You should try a fluke on them...deadly!

Funny thing is that it didn't give it the "wobble" that I thought it would. It swam pretty straight but the shield pushed the water out and it curled back around the tail which made it really wag while the head just ran straight. I have heard of them on a fluke. I was dragging it on the bottom and through eel grass. The added bonus was that it didn't pick up any of it for about 4 casts. The shield acted just like a weed guard. The first fish pulled the guard off and I had to put it back on. It is now part of my arsenal!! The guy I was fishing with had never seen them either. He took the rest of mine!!:lol::lol:

TOXIC

Latest posts

Back