Would you??

• Thread starter Christopher Laurencio
  • Start date
Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
CJL - Other than the static in your hair and the buzzing sound I don't think there is a problem. Go online to Google or one of the other search engines and do some inquiries. We have a number of big robot looking towers that go across the lake and there is considerable development near them. The people all look OK except for the three eyes and they glow at night (kinda like the fish on the hot side).

Seriously, I would look on line to see if there is any long term effect.

Bill in VA

I wouldn't do it, but I will freely admit that other than their unsightly appearance I can't address any safety/health concerns from an informed position. I just know that if they're not there, they can't hurt me. Of course the flip side is that if they have a potential health benefits I will miss out--:lol::lol:.

Its only a magnetic field, where i live now they are real close by, and I have neighbors that lived there all their life and in their 80's, and have no problems......don't worry about it

MSG, I replied to your question on the other thread when I got back, let me go get and it and past it here.

MSG & ALL,

The trip went great, it was HOT DOWN THERE, but not any hotter than NJ from what I was told.

My wife and I seen a lot of great areas, some tight developments, but then some with more space. We could not see making the move for a small parcel of land in some of the developments but did get a good feeling of some areas within York County Rock Hill & Fort Mill, we seen a brand new house with a discounted house price becuase it has one of those big power towers behind/ near it, did not bother me at all, and the way I see it, it's more room for the boys to play at.

We did fall in love with one development called Channing Park in Rock Hill, a little older homes but all brick and awesome house for $300k.

One recurring problem is where to keep my Ranger??? All the palces we seen will not allow a BassBoat to be stored in the driveway or sideyard, what do you guys do?? Not sure if my 20' Ranger will fit sideways into one of those double door garages??

We really loved the Charlotte area, great places to eat shop and play, we seen Pinevill mall, Birkdale Village, Concord Mills !!! (WOW) and BPS, we ate at Christophers in SC & Damons Grill. I watched the boat ramp for a spell at Buster Boyd Bridge, very cool and very nice. One big concern I have is where to store my boat?? Do you all store them at home or at a Marina?

I was suprised by the diversity of the area, much more diverse then the Suburbs of NJ. Charlotte was cool, expecting a big city like NYC but nothing like it, (which is good).

The investeors and retailers really did an awesome job of future planning and a mix of everything someone may want or need, GOOD JOB!!! SC/NC.

The Moorseville area of Norman had a TON of traffic on Monday, enough to want us to focus our efforts below Charlotte, but only time will tell what we will do, still undecided on the move. If we do move, I want to rent becuase it's just too much to decide and see on where you want to live.

The house we loved is available and they may take a contingency on our house sale, tough decision to make tonight.

Thanks for all the help.

CJL

MSG, The area and houses are great, but where do you guys keep your boats? Garages are too small and you are not allowed to leave them outside?

Any help

All you have to do is make sure you wear your tinfoil hat whenever you're at home and the emissions from the lines won't affect you. The hats, of course, have the added benefit of keeping the aliens from doing mind scans on you from their spaceships. That is, unless they're the anal probe type aliens, then you're on your own!:D

Boy Hutch, I ain't gonna even touch the subject of aliens in North Carolina and how they do there probes. Bad enough the War of the Worlds took place in New Jersey but can you imagine them moving south? Some major redneck aliens! LOL

This is serious business CJL is askng about and we should address it that way. We all know that these towers cause third eyes, attract aliens, and a bunch of other bad stuff. We should try and be helpful. Tell him where he can buy the best aluminum foil, where to get three-lens eyeglasses [particularly "Fitovers"] and shirts with three sleeves.

Hey CJL:

Lots of info and data out there, some saying the electric fields are harmless, others saying that you might as well move next to a toxic dump site. Frankly, I won't weigh in too much on those. Instead, you may want to look at the other factors involved as well. For example, how will the power lines affect the value of the home from the market perspective? If you're getting a steal of a price, especially with the housing market in many parts still high, that may be a sign that the current owner is having trouble finding buyers. How do the power lines look from the house? Are they an ugly eyesore or cleverly hidden in the back end of the property? Do the lines make a noticeable buzzing sound? This may not bother you as you simply look around the property, but image hearing any noise 24/7, 365 days a year. Does the power company have an easement over your land to access the power lines with their trucks? Better yet, does the power company OWN the land under the power lines with YOU having an easement for the house or other methods of egress and ingress.

Bottom line, be sure to look at all aspects, not just the health implications, of living near power lines.

Good luck!

JC

You're exactly right Jim C. Any time anything is sold for less than the market value then "let the buyer beware" applies. There is usually a reason for the bargain and it is rarely good for the buyer, particularly when the buyer decides to become a seller later on.

:eek: Didn't mean to :angry: you CJL. I'd forgotten you were so sensitive.

Yeah- Well today I'm sensitive, only becuase everything's been crappy lately I have a lot on my mind and got's lot's of decisions ahead of me in the near future, major decisions like what state I'm going to live in, and this latest question I had was just another example, it's a great house, nice price but has that tower behind it. I get to leave a whole bunch of trouble behind me in NJ if I can get out and actually decide to do it, it's getting close and it is weighing on me. But now we seen some nice stuff in NJ, but that would make me house poor for many years to come.

Don't mind me about the :angry:, just a great deal of stress for me at the moment.

Later

HECK NO! I would not worry about that at all, your more likely to get hit by a train there than getting health issues from those

CJL

You'll need a sprinkler system :unsure:

Your right Paul, seems like all of that area SC&NC are clay dirt lawns, everything is kinda red, and my boy got jumped by fire ants :unsure:, we did not know hat they were.

oops forgot the picture :wacko::wacko::wacko::wacko:

814lynnwood.jpg

CJL - Nice lookin' house! Don't worry about the red clay. Just asphalt over the entire area and paint it green. Maybe it is the camera angle but I don't find the towers to be real offensive but would definitely look into what Jim C has mentioned.

Good luck and let us know what you are thinking of doing.

Hey Bill,

Do I really need to worry about growing grass? I mean can't I just use the "I'm from NJ" excuse for at least the first few years before I need to worry about fitting in with grass and all?

Chris,

Where (how far away) are the next towers, on the left and right..? Are they moving away from you or getting closer, if you know what I mean?

Uncle Billy

Bill,

If you see the one tower in the left hand side then that's the only one I remember, it continues away form the property and does not go across the back, it's along the side.

But that's what I remember anyway, it was hot and the boys were acting up.

The other house is awesome, and all brick very nice and has a three car garage, but NO boats allowed :(

I had a farm that the lines ran through..You get big bucks for letting them run them....I haven't died yet..But It does make some things large..BWHAHAHAHAHAAHAH:D

Hey CJL:

That tower on the left looks mighty close! Can you hear the "buzzing" noise coming off the lines? That would give me more worry than the magnetic fields. And what's with the 3-car garage house not allowing boats? Unless its in one of those developments with a gestapo-like home owner's association, I'd question that "restriction." Speaking of HOA's, I purposefully steered clear of any neighborhoods with those because darn it, its still America and I shouldn't have some noisy-a__ association telling me what I can and can't have in my own garage!!

JC

Damm CJL that looks like my golf course....And the buzzing you get used to It....:D Really those lines won't hurt you......You can do what all golf courses do use green dye and Pray...JR

Didn't hear the buzzing, :unsure:, but again my 5 year old was getting cranky at the time, so maybe it was there and I did not notice it.

Jim C - I think you meant "nosy" and not "noisy". LOL

CJL - Yeah, you can pull the NJ ignorance thing for a while but then it just perpetuates the folklore and urban myths. Seems like you got responses all over the map. YOU gotta make the decision (with the family, of course). If you have any hesitation don't take on that house as you will be very sorry in the short term. Take time and look around some more. Something will come up. It is NOW a buyers market all across the US so take advantage of it.

Just my .02!

Would I ? Yep, I did. My wife and I call it our little Eiffel Tower :D . I can hear them once in a while but not all the time. And it's not an annoying type of sound. There are some positives...I know that no other property will ever come in directly behind me. I have a place to dump my grass clippings, and there's loads of wildlife behind me. You'd also be surprised what a couple well placed trees can block from your sight lines. ;)

In other words, if you guys love the house and the neighborhood, I say don't let it stop you.

DSCN2511-2.jpg

Bill and Jason - :D:D:D

Thanks for the correction!! Yes, I meant "nosey" versus "noisey." Freudian slip? FWIW, I'd rather deal with power lines than HOA's!! Damn commie organizations!! :D:D:D

JC

Shoot - EVERYONE should grow grass like Sully has!! :D

ps: Bill - all healed up? How did the first exploratory fishing trip go?

If possible I would ask other people in the area if they have problems with radio/tv reception cell phone usage. The magnetic field could affect all sorts of electronic devices. wireless computer networks if you have one. wireless phone sets etc..... invisible fences for your pets...

CJL - I live in Rock Hill, in the County (just outside the city limits). It is an older neighborhood, and has some larger spaces. I'm on about 2 acres, give or take. Lot's of trees (think forest).

There are several larger homes in the neighborhood for sale now. Zip is 29732, streets are:

Hilldale Ferncliff Plantation (for the most part). Community is called

I park my rig in my driveway. I did have it at a storage facility for awhile, but moved it home several years ago.

Let me know if you want any more detailed info.

Much better places on Wylie to launch than Buster Boyd. Much better.

Tex

Latest posts

Back