World Record Bass caught, being verified now

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mini

Reaction score
LIMA, OH - For some it's a pursuit of leisure, for others it is an obsession. For one angler in particular it has become everything.

N.O. Kid, 37, is full dervice gas station attendant that has been divorced 5 times and filed for bankruptcy twice in his short life all because of his pursuit of the one record in the outdoors that some think can never be broken. The world record largemouth bass was caught by George Perry in 1935 in Georgia and weighed in at 22 pounds 4 ounces, a weight that has been disputed as records and witnesses are scarce to document and legitimize the catch.

Potentially that all changed last week as the little known angler from a small town in Ohio caught a 24 pound 12 ounce largemouth bass from a retention pond somewhere in Mid-Ohio that shall remian nameless (by the anglers request). The fish was enticed using a simple bait that has been a staple of fishermen and women for years - a nightcrawler and a bobber. Kid said he caught the fish on a 5 and a half foot Ugly Stick with 50 pound FireLine and a 2/0 hook.

The catch is being verified by the Ohio Department of Natural Resources, The International Game and Fish Association and Federal Authorities.

No further information was released at the time and a press conference is scheduled for 1pm this afternoon at the Walmart in Lima, Ohio.

You're no fun in your old age Mac...lol

Dude,..i'm a RIOT!!! Admit it!!:p:wacko:

I can see the headline now!! "NO Kid caught a 24.75lb Bass on a nightcrawler!!":eek:

ok.. I;ll play along....

Which Walmart? There's TWO in Lima OH

I was taking drag but spit the hook when I saw Mid-Ohio.......I'm sure there are good fish there but not over 22-4.

Mini your a nut. I'm in Cincinnati and if we catch a 5+ pounder around here they talk for months about "that whopper". LOL:lol::lol::lol:

Mini I think you read the press release incorrectly. That was not a 22.4lb world record bass it was a 2.24lb Ohio STATE record bass! I will be in Cleveland this weekend for an AAU basketball tournament and maybe I can hit it between watching my sons games. Ha ha!

Randy!

You got me Mini!:( I don't know how I missed this post but I was just reading it with great interest and the bottom fell out.:angry: That was a good one!:p:lol::lol:

Uncle Billy