Work Day 4

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BJ Laster

Reaction score
I love Bass Pro, its a really cool place to work!

Today was slow....we had a truck come in and we were doing a lot of stocking shelves and stuff.

I did sell an expensive Shimano Calcutta..that guy was awesome, he was foriegn and had a really cool accent and he kept thanking me...

BUT.....The highlight of the day was.........

Person (showing me a craw dad Lucky Craft Crankbait): "I'm going carp fishing, will this be a good lure?"

BJ: "uh.....(confused and thinking is this guy really serious??????), when I used to carp fish we always used dough bait."

Person: "I know, but i'm going carp fishing and was wondering if they would bite this bait"

BJ: (trying to think of a nice way to say you dont use crankbaits for carp".............

Then he introduces himself!!! it was Harpo (aka Soonerfan). What a great guy!!! It was great to meet him in person and he really is a super nice guy!

His carp joke cracked me up for the rest of the day!! Thanks for brightening my day!!

BJ

BJ....

Don't be scared... But, Harpo was serious... He has some real serious mental issues related to Carp.... ;)

Have you seen the Bill Dance Blooper DVD with Mel Tillis aka "carpman"?

ROFL @ Harpo!! :lol::lol::lol:

What's the line.....

Old age and debauchery will overcome youth and exuberance every time! :p:lol::p

Yeah, baby bass would have been a much better color for carp. They don't eat crawdads much. :)

BJ - You are living my drean job, short of owning a bait/tackle store and hiring highschool kids to run it while i fish!! LOL

GOTTA Love Harpo, someone does!!!

Back