Wookiee's line indecision may have come to an end

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Scott Shenton

Reaction score
Although I said that I was "sticking to mono", I picked up some 10# powerpro from Walmart and tossed it on. THIS STUFF ROCKS!!! Not a single twist, casts like there is no line at all and SUPER sensitive. I ended up with a 18" or so florocarbon leader to off set the only annoying (to me) aspects of the braid. Now it is low vis, and I can change baits without going to the industrial stregnth cutter. I ended up using a uni-knot (by your recomandation)to attach the florocarbon (seems strong, and it breezes through the guides when casting). Has anybody else had such success with this stuff? I can see myself using it for almost everything. What # florocarbon would you all use for a leader. I want to preserve the sensitivity and strength while being low vis to the fish. I picked up some 20# to put in front of the 10# braid. Does sound right?

I just tried Power Pro myself for the first time last week. I too am very impressed. I didn't use a leader a, I just tied direct. The water around here is still stained/dirty. I'll try a leader in a few weeks when the water clears up.

For attaching leaders (mono or fluro)with the double uni your best knot will come from using lines of similar diameter. If your Power Pro is 20# test and 10"dia (.011 inch dia.), then you will want to use a leader as close to .011" dia.

'Bout time you folks started listening to me....lol

Mini

PS I dont use a leader unless the fish tell me to.

Back