winch slightly off angle?

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jake Oleary

Reaction score
Anyone ever have their trailer winch come from the factory at slightly a crooked angle? It is slightly out of line with trailer. what is happening is the winch ribbon is getting frayed at one side since its constantly rubbing up against the winch. as well the boat when i crank it up is always not centered to the roller.. wondering if i should and can fix this myself and re-align winch or if I should just bring it back to dealer to fix.

Jake,

If the winch is just bolted down, I'd unbolt it, straighten it, and go about my business. If it is welded, or actually bent, I'd take it back to the dealer. Man, that's a nice looking ride. You should start enjoying it more as soon as you get all these bugs worked out, and believe it or not, most new boats have a few "bugs" that need to be worked out, no matter what brand. Hope things work out for you soon.

All the best,

Glenn

Yes i can deal with these type of stuff, I know there is always some of this that can be expected. no worries.

It is bolted down, will maybe try it one night this week.

Buy an old boat, get old problems. Buy a new boat, get new problems. BTW "boat" may be exchanged with any purchase. House, car etc. :blink: If that's the worst issue you have, congats. Better to have a boat with small issues than to not have a boat at all.:)

Gene

Latest posts

Back