why can't I run the ears on my Opti?

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mike Zechman

Reaction score
I was told by a mechanic that I'm not to be hookin up a hose and ear muffs to run my opti at my house cuz it can damage the motor, I want to know why? I've done this on every other motor I've owned:unsure:

???? haven't heard that - if you are giving it an ample supply of cooling water, then it should be fine. I wouldn't suggest putting it in gear and reving it though. Maybe someone knows more about this?

yeah Velcro, he told me not even at idle cuz theres not enough flow???????

What harm could it do. I thought running fresh water through it after use was a good thing?I know you can use the flush mount but was told it does not work as good as the muffs. I have the same motor as you Mike, so I am curious to know if it is harmful also.

I don't know what size Opti you have, but I have a 225 - and was told by my dealer it is perfectly fine to run on the muffs. Now the flush out is a different story - I was told that the screw in flush in the back of the motor is just that - to flush it out - not for running it.

All the best,

Glenn

Because of the small front water intakes, just cover them with duct tape so it doesn't suck air.

My motor is a 2006, 200HP opti. I did it anyway this year, cuz it says nothing about not doing it in the manual. Thanx guys!:D

You DO NOT run the motor with the flush attachment on the cowl. Why? Because you'll be running it with your water pump dry, and it will destroy it.

Back