Who has dealt with Blackbird industries?

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

VA Chris

Reaction score
One or two members mentioned Blackbird industries for purchasing remanufactured outboards. I would like a little feedback from anyone who has purchased one of their products. Also, some of you may remember that I mentioned I am not a gazillionair. I see that Blackbird has several outboards for sale in my HP range of 125-150 that are fairly reasonable (a 91 Merc 150 for $3400 for example) Do you think I should shy away from an engine this old or assume it has been made almost like new as the company indicates? I will probably still have to purchase a prop and controls which of cours will add to my total investment and really do not want to spend more than 4 grand total. My local dealer has me scared to death of purchasing a used motor that has an unknow history. His view being most people do not brake in their motors correctly, don't know how it was maintaned etc. He has a point. Comments?

I have never dealt with them personally but my mechanic has, thats where he gets his powerheads from when he needs them. He told me if i ever needed one thats the place to go.

December 2001 I traded (mike) (Blackbirds) my blown 1993 Evinrude 150 Plus cash for a 1997 Mercury 200 EFI I brought my boat down on a friday got there at 9:30 & by 4:30 they had my old motor off my newer one on switched all the controls over & had mine running PLUS I got a one year warrenty which I never needed! I would buy from them again his rebuilt powerheads are better then new because he hand fits the pistons & has the latest machines. So don't let your local dealer scare you away if he sells it he stands by it. Give Mike a call & say I said so. Mark

Back