Who Has Allergies

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Scott Hammer TOXIC

Reaction score
....And what do you take to help with them? I have 2 bouts with mine, usually once in the spring and once in the fall in VA but being here in Florida I seem to be on a Benedryl drip most of the time!! I get puffy eyes and most of all sinus headaches which, if anybody else gets them, SUCKS!! No runny nose, coughing or sneezing. It is extended here in Florida and has been going on for 2 months. Right now the fruit trees (around me Orange trees) are flowering and the smell is unbelievable, so strong it is overwhelming. I will take Excedrin Migrane if the headaches get too bad but most of the time the over-the-counter benedryl (little red ones) get me through.

TOXIC

Being married to a pharmacist has its perks, Tox.....Ive learned brand name and generic have all the same ingredients. We have fruit and dogwood trees in our yard and I blow up every spring when they bloom. I take cetiri-D allergy and congestion 12 hr, which is Rite Aid brand and comparable to Zyrtec-D, but half the cost. Takes care of my sinus pressure and itchy eyes. Also, this stuff doesnt make me sleepy like Benedryl. Hope this helps.

Eric

Meant to say "generic" Benedryl as well...These aren't even behind the counter but if you look at the ingredients they match up for 1/2 the cost!! I get mine at Publix (grocery store) here. I've tried all of the name brand stuff and benedryl seemed to work the best so I switched to the generic and don't have to give fingerprints to buy it:lol: I just thought there might be something better out there.

TOXIC

KNOCK on wood.................I suffer from nothing.

Scott, dont hate the player, hate the rules !

Tox,

I have industrial strength allergies and the only thing that works for me is Zytrec. I have not tried any of the generic house brands, im almost afraid to. I have been on Zyrtec since the perscription days and i had to get a special pass from my insurance to cover it. Back then Allegra was minimally effective and claritin was a waste of time and money. Benedryl is like a sleeping pill for me. If i take one even the non drowsy ones im down for the count. I guess it works because om not miserable anymore, i'm just passed out.

My allergies are so bad that i still get the immunotherapy shots every other week 8 years into treatment. I was on once a week for 5 years, most people do a year and within 3 are once a month. They do help becaue without them i would be a mess all the time like i used to be. My allergies are also the reason i have had so many ear problems. I constantly have fluid in my head and ears and that has lead to infections which led to cholesteatoma which led to many surgeries on each ear.

I have seasonal allergies spring and fall; I'm on Allegra aka Fexofenadrine (sp). No problems with those. Remember that for some people taking the same drug year after year, or all year, can become non-helpful.

I have seasonal allergies spring and fall; I'm on Allegra aka Fexofenadrine (sp). No problems with those. Remember that for some people taking the same drug year after year, or all year, can become non-helpful.

Try the natural remedy.....a TBL of local honey a day. It has to be local and unpasturized (no Sue Bee etc) from a non migrant bee keeper.

And the best part is that it tastes great! :D

I suffer but, don't use a thing...seems my are seasonal also.

I'm with Jim B. Just got tested and was allergic to everything they checked. I have been on four shot a week for six weeks and now down to one per week. Never had any luck with over the counter stuff. Maybe because mine are so bad. Good luck. Shots work great!:)

Feel your pain there Tox. I never had allergies. Then I started working downstate (and our prison is loaded with dust and mold) and I developed allergies. One of the nurses at our clinic also informed me that that particular county in NY is labelled as the worst in the country for allergies. Don't know if it's true, but dozens of other officers have reported the same thing. Post nasal drip crap, itchy crusty eyes, nagging cough, etc. Sucks man. Now I know what my wife goes through every fall and spring.....well maybe not totally but allergy wise!

Latest posts

Back