Which Prop?

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Erin Resch

Reaction score
I have a 2001 700LX. I broke a blade of the prop I currently have this weekend. I need to replace it but no one seems to have the size that is on my boat now.

The prop says "12.5 Diameter/ 23 Pitch" on the prop. One salesman told me that was the wrong prop for my engine.

Can anyone help on what I need to replace the broken one.

Thanks in Advance

Resch

Oops...I guess you're right.....It's a 2001 75hp Mercury.

That is too much prop. A 20 would be a good choice but, you may want to try a 21 if you can find a dealer that will let you try it out first. I have a 90 on my 185 with a 21SS and would like to try a 22. Wished I would have tried one first....maybe I can find someone that would trade if it worked like I want it to.

TEE

Not meaning to repeat myself, but if you're going to test props, ALWAYS tweak your setup with a FULL load. If you prop it out with one person and six gallons of gas, it's going to fall on it's face when you load it down.

If you do decide to run it light, make sure you're at least at the very top end of your rpm range.

Back