Which Power Tech Prop?

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Stan Tallant

Reaction score
Well I finally got the chance to take out my repowered 640LX last night. I went from a 40 Force to a 90 Merc and saw quite an improvement in performance:D I borrowed a 22" Laser II to get an idea of which prop I should use. I was turning 5700 RPM but only going 44 MPH. I was expecting more speed. It seems a popular prop for my rig is a Power Tech but I don't know which one to order. According to my local prop dealer there are at least four different Power Tech props for a 90 Merc. I was thinking I should go to a 23" to cut down the RPMS and increase top speed. What model of Power Tech should I order specifically? I can get a Turbo off the shelf today if you think it's six of one and a half dozen of the other and not have to pay shipping. Pat Goff suggested the RXB blade on my previous post on this subject but I can't find that option on a three blade prop.

Stan - I forgot, is that 90 Merc a carb'd motor? If so, you Max RPMs is what - 5500?? So yes you need to go up a pitch, my buddy Dan is running a 23p SS (don't know the make/model) and is getting 5200 rpms (I think) and running close to 51mph light load.

So if Mr. Set up, Pat ,suggests a 4 blade powertech 23p, get it if you have the $$$

Trep

Trep, yes it is a carb'd motor and the max RPM is 5500.

Pat, if I go to the cupped four blade should I stick with the 22?

Back