Where is everybody???

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ken Neeley

Reaction score
Here I sit, working 14 hours at the Fall Hunting Classic here at BPS, and all you guys are out doing stuff and having fun and fishing and hanging out with your friends and families, and I don't have anyone to play with...

I am picking up mixed signals. Working 14 hrs... Here I sit... No one to play with...

When I grow up I wanna work at BPS!

What a bummer, Ken.

I'm sorry you have to work on a beautiful day like this...I feel for you.

Thanx for the concern, Ken. I wish I were out enjoying fishing or something.

If it makes you feel any better, I spent the better part of the day cussing at a garage door opener.

Well, Ken, I'm not doing anything either so I'll chat with you for awhile.

Gee Rich, I am an expert installer. Wish I would have known you needed a hand...

That was my thinking, but the wife said the box says "easy installation."

Ken, do you have "Chat" capabilities at work?

Well let's see, first I was gonna save the world, then complete the task of promoting world peace, rid the planet of pollution, and invent a species of bass that grew to 20lbs in any environment and never stopped eating...but I was kinda tired so I figured I'd just stay home and talk on the computer...how about you? What are you doing today?

No Rich, I don't, and actually I'm busier than a one-armed drywaller today, but I'm taking a quick break to eat some pizza.

Bummer.

I worked retail for a lot of years, and know how it is.

How is the classic coming along?

Did you get to that 20lb bass yet? I think if you engineered that, world peace would follow

Did you get to that 20lb bass yet? I think if you engineered that, world peace would follow

What, do I smell bad or something? Geez, show pity and stop to chat with the guy and he disappears...

Ken,

Sorry you have to work!! If it makes you feel any better, I didn't fish today. I took the kids tubing instead! I only fished one of three days off. I had to rewire my trailer one day while it was raining!

Bob G.

Sorry about that...I had to do a little work...imagine that!!! I'll work on the world peace thing after I'm elected president, the bass is a top priority now though.

Good Plan!

You planning on attending the'03 rally, from all the black fly jokes, it looks that way, but I thought you might be sending them in your place! LOL

I should be able to make it...Mac and I will probably come together, and we'll just hang around with TOXIC...he's got a special weapon to keep the blackflies away!!!

I should be able to make it...Mac and I will probably come together, and we'll just hang around with TOXIC...he's got a special weapon to keep the blackflies away!!!

Plus if you get stranded, I hear he is good at starting camp fires!

Right now I am planning on making the trip. It is about 10 hrs away, the limit I was hoping to travel. Take a day or two off of work and it shouldn't be a problem.

Mac and I will do like we did this year....arrive mid-day Thursday and leave early Sunday morning.

Current plan of attack, arrive midday Friday, head back Monday. Still debating on towing the boat.

No...I think it's the double-click speed on my mouse, I just slowed it down. Either that or too much coffee to stay awake during these long days!!!

How long is the classic running?

There should be plenty of boats there...how far are you?

I'm around 10 hours, but Mac will bring his boat.

I am in Pittsburgh, PA. About the same distance.

I was in your store last year. I asked, you weren't around that evening. Great store, makes me wish even more they would open one here.

It could happen...there's quite a few openings in the works right now.

I hope so! Might be worth taking a part time job! I would need to anyway, just to balance out what I would spend there!!

You see the pix in the post below this one?

It hurts just to look at them. Makes me wish I could bring my boat inside.

Ken,

If you missed my post a few down ow "where everyone is fishing this weekend", I'm working too, only 12 hour night shifts from Friday through Monday nights. On top of that, I got called in two hours early tonight so, I'll be here for 14 hours. I'd much rather be at BPS. However, I will take care of the "overnight moderator" of the board. That is unless people decide to start things on fire, fight, shoot at each other, or maybe a natural or man-made disaster...

Brian

Dear Sir: If it's a Hunting classic why is the big boat man working 14 hrs? Been there done that, the advantage to working with a smaller store 2 yrs ago we started closeing on Sundays. So I at least get that day off. Bruce

I was at the county fair with 5 kids. I think I need to go into retail. Hope your Sunday is better.

david.....

Working the huniting Classic because we sell a ton of duck boats here too.

I was changing an evaporator coil in a Jeep Cherokee. OUCH!!! Had to remove the whole dash. I think I would rather go skin diving for roto-rotor.

Ken,

I'm back to work today, so you are not alone!!

Bob G.

Just an update on the P.O.K.&R. thread, the @#$%@#! opener is still not completed!!

Well POK&R...I fished a BASS club tourney on Lake Winneconne, WI...Fr-Sunday...SO, I couldn't tell you how sorry I felt for you guys... I really do...I hope you guys get to go fishing someday...It's a lot of fun...You get to run around in your boat and catch fish...drink some beer at night dine on steak and Prime rib...an BS with friends...You guys will have to try it someday.

Neeley,...after I spent over $500 at BPS friday morning on "hunting stuff",....AFTER having breakfast with YOU,...i figured you knew where I was all day!! ahahah....NEVER in my wildest dreams did I ever think I'd have Kathy tell me,.."That was fun!!" after spending 2.5hrs and $530 wading around and through, camo clothes, ladder stands, no scent detergent, rope, broadheads, and seat cushions. She actually had fun!!!,...not sure if it was the great conversations and dining experience of coney island omelettes with Ken and me,..or if it was the 3hrs away from the teen age girls at home,...or all the testosterone in the air at BPS 'cuz of the Hunting classic and all the stud guys running around in there she was oggling at or the fact that it was MY money we were spending instead of HER money,..but i'm sure all of that played into it!! (Who am I kidding,....she was stoked 'cuz I wasn't spending HER money!!..LOL) I'm ready to rock now though,....bring on the BEARS!!!!...That was some fun shoppin'!!!

Mac

BTW,...when we got back to the house,....I had to get busy on some artwork that had to be done for saturday's tournament, so she took it upon herself to get all the new clothes out and lay them out on the bed to make sure all the camo patterns matched and we didn't make any "mistakes" with sizes or mismatched patterns,...she's AWESOME!! (ya'll know it would be a major fashion foopah to put an "Advantage pattern" shirt with a "Mossy Oak Breakup" pair of pants!!...ahahaha...and she actually KNOWS the difference! Unreal!!

Greg,

THANK YOU SIR, MAY I HAVE ANOTHER!

LOL

Rich D

Ahhh, had a great time on the water. Weather was perfect, boat ran great, fish were practically jumping into the boat surrendering. Average weight was 4.5 lbs per bass. Must have caught about 75 of them. Took a nice nap at noon to charge back up for the afternoon bite. Was awakened by a party barge of topless canadian strippers that thought I was hurt, lying down in the boat and all. They took me in, fed me, I got a massage, and then went back to fishing! Got home and the wife said we had won the lottery and that she had bought me a new 911 CDC to celebrate. Gonna have to fish like this every day now...bummer. How was your day Ken?

Rob,

My day was about the same...fish were a little smaller and the strippers were from Minnesota... Wife got me the red 911, too... But, ya know... I hate it when things are too easy...

Rob,

I just have 2 words to say to you, and I can't say it here!!!

Ken,

I think I know the 2 words you have in mind. One of them Frequently came Up during my Frustrating, Unsuccessful weekend project.

Rich D

Yes, Rich...I think you know. But a Fine, Upstanding person such as myself will reFrain from Using them here!!!

Oh yeah, I almost forgot, when I got home there was a message from the strippers asking me to swing by and return the massage favor, and my wife said, "no problem, will you be taking the new 911 when you go? I can back you in and just call me when you're done so I can come get you." What a day, man, too much going on. I need a break. Plus Rick Clunn called and said he wants me to take a trip out so he can show me how to break in the 911 properly. I asked if he'd rather come here and so he is! Hey have any of you ever towed a 911 behind a Ferrari? My wife got me one of those too for buying the lottery ticket in the first place! LOL

Rob,

If you need room to store the 911 until your mansion is built, I will gladly let you store it in one of my garages!! I'll keep the gas/oil topped off for free!!

Bob G.

Hey Rob,

A little aluminum foil wrapped in your hat will keep those voices out of your head that keep feeding your delusions!

Maybe a little less time in the sun?

LOL

Rich D

Latest posts

Back