What's in a name/handle?

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Texas Transplant

Reaction score
Okay. For all the years that I've been on the board here, I've used the handle 'Texas Transplant', and sign my emails with simply 'Tex'. Now that I've moved back to Texas, maybe it's time to 'adjust' my handle. I'm certain that this crew will have many very kind and usefull suggestions, along with some that will simply make most of us chuckle very well.

So here's your chance.

I'm now living in E. Texas.

On Lake Palestine.

Have a Stratos boat and no truck (which I may need to correct now that I'm back in Texas).

Have at it, and enjoy the 'pot-shots' that I'm sure will be thrown in there.

Tex :D:rolleyes::);)

I think you may be in violation of some Texas laws there Tex. The last I heard, it was against local citizenship laws to actually live in Texas and NOT own a truck. Didn't they issue you one when you crossed the state line? I seem to remember they made me put my car on a flatbed, under a tarp, and had me tow it across Texas, as they didn't want a man seen in a automobile.... said I might have been mistaken for one of them "New York sissies", even though I was clearly Cajun (hard to miss that crawfish smell coming from the trunk). :lol:

I don't know...

Texas Replant?

Texas Palestinian?

Sissified Texan (just until you get your truck issued :p )?

Traitor Repatriated?

Almost a Cajun?

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Congrats on the move. Been thinking a lot about moving there myself.

All the best,

Glenn

not sure about the new handle, but if its still like the last time i was in texas, it should be in spanish.

mike c

bill wright - They are my stones.... I'll throw them all I want, thank you! :lol::lol::lol: Don't get worked up about it - it's just a joke - got it from the Pace Picante Sauce commercial. "New York City!!!!.... Git a rope!" :lol:

BTW- DesOrmeaux is Cajun... (French Canadian decendent, from Nova Scotia), the name means "elm tree".

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

All the best,

Glenn

How about HookedAgain. Anf if you could figure out how to put that inside of a big pair of horns you would be all set to go.

Ed,

I'd have a personal problem with the 'Hooked Again', as I bleed Maroon and White (Texas Aggie, through and through).

Tex

In fact, John, it was your handle as well as Mark (MoFish), that inspired my handle. I thought it told a little about you and where you're from and at the same time it provided a certain sense of anonymity. Thank you.

Harpo

Bill - you know what is really funny to me - I've never been to Boston, but I've been asked if I'm from there many more times than I've been asked if I'm from Louisiana. Over the years living in Virginia, I've lost most of my "accent", but in my early Navy years, I was asked tons of times if I was from "Baa-stun" (which is how we both pronounced it - the person asking, and myself) :lol: I'd like to visit there one day. Maybe in a few years after I retire.

All the best,

Glenn

Harpo, I just thought you were a big fan of Oprah
BWAHAHAHAHAHAH!!!!:lol:

Well, my name/handle was a truly remarkable and original one.. It was just my name,

Bill Barham..:huh::eek: I couldn't think of anything "neat." Then Staci started calling me

Uncle Billy. I thought it was really stupid at the time but she kept using it and then Toxic and

Bill from VA started using it, mostly as a joke, but then I started to like it. And when Staci

died, that sealed the deal and I am now Uncle Billy..:p

I like Greg's idea of Texagain but I think I would just use Texagin. I've seen and heard a lot of

people use Texakin for Texans. Texagin kinda sounds like that and says you're "agin" in

Texas. Good luck finding a name and I'm glad you're back home and happy.

Uncle Billy

I'm just glad he's in Texas and not my home state... LOL:wacko:

No winner as yet. Still trying to unpack, and I just got my internet service to work (been visiting the Public Library the last 2 days).

Tex

:wacko::wacko::wacko: :D

(Oh yeah... cuz you don't own no stinkin snowmobile...)

Back