What would you all do?

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Staci Matheis

Reaction score
This post just appeared over on the WomenAnglers bulletin board. I suspect that it came from someone here. For whatever it's worth, the Moderators of the board are aware.....

I

Posted: Sun Sep 19, 2004 3:28 pm Post subject: WomenAnglers

Good thing for "me" that this board is not restricted to real Women only and not dress up women.

My answer to the post was:

Wanda and Angie are both aware that I am transgendered.

For those of you who were not aware, I had written in my introduction at the very begining that, until 6 years ago, my name was "Scott". I never wanted to in any way exploit the anonymity of the internet. Wanda then wrote and suggested that it really wasn't necessary for me to give any explantation so we removed it.

I am very open about who and what I am..... I lived the first 48 years of my life as a boy and only 6 as a woman. There is no way in the world that I can just throw all that away.....

Instead, I prefer to let others know as soon as possible that I am willing to answer all but the most personal of questions. It is only through knowledge and understanding that fears and misconceptions are ever put to rest.

And, yes, I am legally female.

Now, if anyone has any questions..... Please feel free to ask!

Thank you all and God Bless!

me!

If you would prefer to ask in private, my e-mail address is: [email protected]

(My edit was that I removed addtional comments from this post and will put them in the next)

Whatever else, since I have been completely open about myself both here and over at WomenAnglers, I can't be hurt! :)

Mr. Sawicki, you are sadly mistaken about my recent posts. In fact, you are mistaken about all of my posts. There have been some that have had to do with the issue of "Gender Identity"; none have been of a sexual nature.

I just got back in town and read this. If you think it was me over there, you are wrong. I have better things to do.

I know you think I am mean....I was just making sure everyone knew it wasn't me because I haven't been around a computer since Friday.

I've written Wanda and asked for whatever that number is that identifies internet users. I believe she's out of town this weekend so I don't know when I might hear from her. She might not even want to divulge that information.

In any case, whoever did do it might have used a computer in a totally different location from their normal spot.....

So there's a good chance that we'll never know.

Staci,

Something we all can agree on, this falls into the category of something that shouldn't have really been posted on NTOWS in the first place, even under "Off-Topic". As the rules state: "The primary mission of this website is to promote information sharing and enjoyment of Nitro and Tracker boats." I can understand and even enjoy some off-topic jokes, stories and such, and I can understand when you need to have the occasional personal contact with someone in particular. But with stuff like this, either use e-mail, a board more suited to your needs, or just keep it to yourself. If you have proof you have been wronged on this site, take it to Rich. He'll deal with it. If on another board, then work it out with the admin. Just not out here in front of God and everybody.

Well..... I hate to admit it..... But the BFHP finally proved to be of true value to me..... I matched the numbers.....

# 75185: Where can I buy a new drain plug for a champion?, by bassman (64.136.27.228) from VIRGINIA

# 75121: Question about Merc 150 EFI please help., by bassman (64.136.27.228) from VIRGINIA

# 74975: Info. on Champion 186 Tournament is this a good boat?, by bassman (64.136.27.228) from VIRGINIA

# 74848: Need info on obtaining a warranty for a used boat., by bassman (64.136.27.228) from VIRGINIA

That person is the "Bob" who is seeking help with chine walking.

According to a post over on the BFHP, it would also seem that his boat is a Champion.....

So, who the h*ll is Bassman? Whoever it is, it was a mean thing for him/her to do.

Dave, sorry but don't start a post with the statement "no offense" and then get as offensive as you possibly can! I can understand your not liking Staci's post but your second post was as mean spirited as any I have seen here and uncalled for.

Casey, the original question was, "What would you all do"?

and I think that was perfectly accptable to post here.

You answered with your opinion to "take it to Rich" and that was good advice. That should have been it though. Go back through the pages and pages of posts and you'll see hundreds that according to the "guidelines' should not have been posted here but they were, and I didn't see you complain about them.

Teri, I personally didn't believe for a second that you would have posted that. Good luck with your surgery.

Bill

Staci,...pleeeaaase take this CRAP somewhere else!!! Airing your "issues" here is really getting old!!!

Thank you,

Mac

I am not sure what this is all about. What happened.. can someone update me?

Ok, here's the deal. I just found out that anyone else who responds to this post will have the Bass Catching Curse put on them!! That means that you WILL NOT catch any Bass for the period of at least one year. This is not a joke. I personally called the Physic Network to find out. Ms. Chloe

assured me it was all true and I believe everything she says:)

Of course, TrepMan can respond because he dosn't catch any fish anyway:)

Bill

Me! I think you owe Bob and apology. Using an IP address to try to tie someone to a post is bogus at best. Most Isp's use some sort of NAT(network address translation) to hide you behind a firewall to prevent hacking. What you are seeing when you see that number is most likley a firewall or router from whatever provider a person is using not thier actual pc. If it was someones actual pc the ip would change because isp's never assign you a static ip anymore. All that number is showing you is that two people who live in the same area of the country use the same provider for internet access. Like i said i think you owe Bob and apology because you have 0% proof that it was him and most likley will never be able to prove who it was.

to answer yout original question, i would do nothing. By getting all mad about it you did excatly what whoever posted that was looking for.

Please compare e-mail addresses of "Bassman from Virginia" on the BFHP who owns a Champion with that of "Bob" here who claims to own an ill-handliong Nitro 882.

Thank you!

It would seem that he was pissed off at me because I told him that neither Pat Goff nor Bob Bourget have ever been disrespectful to anyone on this board..... So he decided to try to take revenge.

Unfortunately, it backfired in exposing him as a troll.

A special thanks to Angie "I_have_worms" over at WomenAnglers!

me!

ME! Where did you get any email address from the bassman posts on bfhp? I looked and there was no email address on those posts so that proves nothing that i can see. Once again the ip numbers you gave prove nothing at all they are the address of a device on some isp's network not someone's actual pc. im not trying to be condecending or anything but i know how the internet and networks operate, i have worked in information technology for 10 years.

I would just fotget about it and move on, lifes too short to get worked up over stuff like this.

For crying out loud....STOP THE MADNESS....

I am with Mac on this, sheesh I didnt post about when a bird **** on my truck and then try to take it out on all birds....

This has to stop, or I will. Simple.

If youwant the answer to your question, I will give it. When I do give it, are you going to email me, ask for my number, post on another board or this one how I wronged you?

The answer to your question is.....

Drop it and move on with your life.

Mini

Jim -

On BFHP, if you click on the person's name, you get the e-mail address.

Me! i know, i did that and there was no email address on those posts thats why i asked.

Since Ms. Chloe lives rent free inside my head and my fishing couldn't get any worse, I'm going to walk face first into this conversation.

A couple of nights ago in the chatroom one of the other members asked me why everybody is always bad mouthing Staci. I really didn't have an answer. The other member told me that Staci tries is always positive and works hard to help other members. I agree. There is one person on this website that ALWAYS welcomes new members, remembers to post a birthday greeting to member who's birthday she is aware of, tries to answer as best of her ability any question no matter how many times that topic has been discussed ad nauseam before, and from everything I've witnessed she works her can off trying to make the NTOWS Rally a real event. It seemed to me that all who attended the last rally really enjoyed the prizes she collected and the rooms at The Moors she helped secure for as many of you she could. Frankly all I saw she recieved in return was a flame out over her(rightly or wrongly) editing of some pictures that had some offensive gestures and a feud over where the next rally should be held. Even with all that she is ready and willing to wade in and help make the 2005 rally a success.

Yes, it's true she does discuss her personal life here...but don't we all? I certianly did when I was fired from my job last Januarary. We are all ready to learn more and help Rich D's brother-in-laws problem, Rob's new/old house headaches, Mini's job loss with Allstar, Mac's up's and downs with Scales & Tails, the worries several of you have with sons and daughters in the military during a war, and the list goes on and on. Almost every regular member here has aired some part of their personal life here. That's what make this such a great website. I am a moderator on one message board, activly post on another, and lurk on several others and I can say without reservation that NTOWS is unique. The boards that are only about fishing and boating are boring indeed. Also the activity level is much lower because without that personal knowledge of each other it's just not the same. The problem with Staci's personal life is that many of you don't agree with it, but if you ask me it's not our job to judge Staci's lifestyle....she is not judging yours. The fact that she discusses what going on in her life should be considered a compliment to you because she trusts you and values your opinion. You know, if you look deep enough into someones personal life, you're likly to find something that you don't agree with. I remember my mother teaching me that "a friend is someone that knows all the good and all the bad about you, but likes you anyway."

I believe, if any one of you who are telling Staci to forget about and move on were being bashed on another message board because of something that happened here you would without a doubt defend yourself and expect the support of the rest of the members.

Harpo

I try and stay out of this stuff but lets move on.

Is tracker gonna make a 19 foot glass multi purpose boat again. I might be able to move up next year and I can't afford Jr.'s 620.

fatrap

Harpo..... I don't know how to say "thanks!" enough..... God Bless you, Sir!

One thing that does deserve comment on the last rally though..... Teri gathered contributions from everyone to make a gift to me at dinner. It, too, was a gesture I didn't know how to say "Thanks!" for enough.....

God Bless!

me!

Harpo, I have been there done that (bashed on another board) and you know what? I RARELY frequent that board. I am only giving the same advice that I gave myself.

As for me airing my personal issues here. I can say that if you totalled all the personal posts text characters, it would not exceed your reply to this thread.

I did not say anything about me! posting about birthdays, welcoming new members, organizing rally's, etc. That all is commended and encouraged, All I said was that I am sick of this post. IF I were wronged, I dont go running to another board looking for help to get the answers I need to hear. There are somethings that you have to accept and others things dont have to be brought up.

Just my .02

Mini

PS I too moderate message boards and I dont put up with this stuff. I keep it on topic, with some fun banter built in. It has to be clean, PG-13 and not insult or defame anyone. This board is cool, the people are nice, that is why I like to come here. The same can be said of the boards I moderate.

With all that said...."I'm just a lesbian trapped in a man's body"! :)

What would I do? First, email the admin/moderators and ask them to remove the post. Past that, untd.com is an ISP it would appear (ww.untd.com) and most likely uses a proxy server, so it could have been any of their users. Figuring out who on the internet doesn't like you is futile at best. If I spent time researching every idiot on BFHP that tries to start crap, I'd be up to my eyeballs in IP addresses.

As to Harpo's question... why does everyone pick on Staci? Because he/she has put a target on his/her back. When you share personal information, especially the kind that is not mainstream, you invite such crap. Staci is also well known for wearing her heart on her sleeve. Again, in a world of internet bullies, you've just handed every idiot with nothing better to do, their own personal can of whip arse AND a can opener.

Staci's situation is certainly unique, and is not mainstream nor accepted by a definite large minority if not the majority. If you couple that with the fact that there is no shortage of openly opinionated people on the internet who do not have to answer for their actions, it's almost gasoline with matches. Sooner or later, someone's gonna get burned.

Staci, as for which person is typographically assaulting you, you and all of us have far better things to worry about. Sure, it'd bug most any of us to have such comments said about us, but in the long run, you have to file it away in the "go procreate with yourself" file and move on.

Now I'm known to have a tendancy to not sugar-coat things and to not go back and read what I've written to see if it can possibly be taken wrong, and I'm not doing it with this one either. Staci knows good and well that if I have a problem with her, I know how to email her and tell her what I think. This was not intended to be a bash of anyone, in any way, shape, or form.

I am so sick of hearing some of the same people wine, do want some cheese? I want to talk boating! fishing! and gear! not this cheese and wine crap listening to a the worlds smallest violin.

My 2 F%$#ing cents

X

Live and let live. Live your life the way you see fit, and stay happy. Be a kind/moral person. If others chose to try and degrade you, they are not worth your time. True friends dont care about the outside its whats inside that counts. You get what you give!!! Thats my .02 cents.

Jaws

Xmytruck, it's okay buddy, you don't have to spell Fishing as F%$#ing :)

Harpo, very well said! You said it to me once and now I'm saying it to you: Your credability and my opinion of you has risen way up the chart. I guess now that I've replied to this thread again the curse is on me:)

Snowman, also very well said.. Staci does "ask" for it quite often but I think her contributions to this board far outway her little miscues. Sometimes I read what she writes and go, "Oh No Staci, you're going to get it now"...

But what does any of it hurt?

Those of you that don't agree with her life choices don't have to read her posts. That's simple. Those of you who don't care about that but just don't like her or what she posts, again, don't read them! Her name is right at the top. That should be a clue for you. Some of the vitriol aimed at her is just not necessary.

Bill

Geeez Tee, I was wondering about that:)

I had the good fortune of fishing with Bob Gabriel this weekend and he let me in on some the the "stuff" going on here. Seems like business as usual for the NTOWS huh?

But what I find most interesting is that all of these problematic posts seem to have the same common denomenator. Go to just about any frozen, deleted (if you saw it before it went), and/or intensely heated post and there in the middle of every $#!+ storm post is Scott/Staci/"me".....funny pattern huh?

I also find it funny that in that past I have been TRASHED on here verbally with vulgarities and all....those posts did not get frozen or deleted and yet whenever queen mum gets flack lately, the protection of the web is there.

"Me" you are the LAST person that should be griping about the annonimity of the internet or ethics on this board!

So with that, have a good fall all. I'm off to fish an Everstart, I don't have time for this nonsense anymore. Perhaps I'll shoot in again some time this winter and see if anything has changed, but I won't be betting my Ranger on it!

Folks, this is a great board, one of the best I have ever been a member of. Lets get along and respect each other. I for one have seen enough of these types of posts on other boards. There is no need to have it go on here as well..

Thanks

Brian

I think we all need to review the statement on the Home Page.

"Ground rules and guidelines for fair play: The primary mission of this website is to promote information sharing and enjoyment of Nitro and Tracker boats. Inevitably, we will discuss flaws in Tracker Marine products. That

I started to write a long post about...well, you know what? It doesn't matter. I'm getting pissed off.

Why should I provide a free discussion forum to all of you? A free chat room? A free photo library? Free swap ads? Fishing reports?

Why should I waste one more minute of my time listening to or reading a member complain about another member?

Let's bottom line this: I am tired of the petty behavior. I'm tired of the insinuations directed towards me about how I run this place and play favorites. I'm tired of members who think they are above fault and it's always the other guy. I'm worn out on it and past caring. I'm ready to pull the plug.

The only redemption available is members willing to take action to clean this crap up. What are YOU going to do to make this place better?

Convince me that I shouldn't just turn out the lights.

Rich,

I don't think you should pull the plug on the entire site because certain members have made you mad. I know I am one of them so pull the plug on me and a few others instead of making all members lose the site.

Teri

I can't nor do I know how to begin to convince you Rich..

I just wish you wouldn't...

How you run this board is your business and if someone has issue with how you do it they should just leave.

I don't see how, as close as some of the members feel to each other, the pettiness will entirely clear up. Someone will always take issue with what is said, how it's said or who says it. Some people on this board, clearly, just don't like each other and will respond, nastily, to whatever is posted instead of just ignoring it.

I guess I'm as guilty as any because if something is said that I think is nasty or uncalled for I will respond and try to take up for the person receiving it. Maybe that just adds fuel. I don't know. I just wish you'd hang in there.

Bill

I wanted to add this because Teri never fails to amaze me:) She hit it right on the head in my opinion. If it's Teri, ME, Rob, Mac, Harpo or any number of others including myself, please just slap us around a bit and leave the site for others.

Bill

Staci,...you just don't get it,..... U really don't get it! it not about the rally it about the worlds smallest violin and ton's of wine and cheese!!

Rich:

We're not perfect but we are humble. I appeal to your kindness and when I say, "Please don't pull the plug on this page." I must admit, many of us don't appreciate the time, effort, and money that goes into your website. If we did we would treat it, and you, better. Hopefully we can clean up our acts to you satisfaction.

Da Bear

The rally is my best contribution to this site.

It takes a lot of time, effort and work.

Time, effort and work that benefits all who attend.

Teri, your post impressed me just as it did Bill. While we may never be friends..... I'm willing to do whatever it takes to get along. Just PULL-EEZE don't ask me to share a room with you at the rally! :)

me!

Rich,

Here is a suggestion:

Since some of the members of the board cannot get along. You maybe should treat them as children and take the privilages away. ( put them in timeout ):

1st Offense = 1 week no access

2nd Offense = 1 Month no access

3rd Offense = perminant bann from board.

Just a thought.

I am hoping you do not shut the board down as I feel the majority of the members get along and as I have stated before this is a great site with allot of GREAT people.

Regards,

Brian

Like sands thru the hourglass....so are the days of our lives.

Mike....Yes you can afford the Ranger I promise....And after this weekend you can have the option free and I'll pay shipping....JR Oh yea whats going on here????I just got out of the Hospital for Surgery..Was a great time I am so sore I can't walk and don't ask what they cut...

Rich,

If I were you, I would probably pull the plug, but I have little patience. Other than that, if you are tired of dealing with it, I would ask for volunteers to Moderate the site and start blocking users for rule violations. Either block them on the first offense, or one warning then block them.

Rich D

Rich-

I tried to come up with some reasons for you,but came up blank.

All I can say is it was a pleasure meeting you and the gang at the rally.Had a great time and met some first class people.Was looking forward to doing it again some day,but that isn't looking too promising anymore.

I for one would not blame you one bit for pulling the plug.

Steve

Steve it was good meeting you Ken and Bob at the rally....hope we can do it again in the future.

Donnie

I went to the bathroom....and to get popcorn...did I miss anything???

OK Rich,

My suggestion,

You step back. Appoint a couple of mods and then let the mods that are not involved in "it" decide, along with the membership, maybe.

Really, I am serious on you stepping back. When pissed we make hasty decisions.

Also to let you know. I am saying this from a selfish reason. I have met in person quite a few people that I have added to my friends. If it was not for this site, I would not have met them and enjoyed spending time with them. I think that a few other would agree.

I chose to post this, vice email, if you want me to email I can.

Carlos

One of the silent majority speaks:

Rich.....I think it is time you put a stop to all this crap. There are a very few "members" that are always creating problems here. I hope you won't even consider closing this forum, rather, ban the troublemakers from the site. YOu have worked too long and hard to make a super site to let a few fools ruin it.

Most of us in the "silent majority" don't speak out often, but we support you and hope you will cull out the problems so this super site continue like it is capable of.

Don't feel bad about eliminating the problem people, there are plenty that want to talk fishing and boating to keep up the tradition you have worked for.

IF I have stepped on the toes of any of the troublemakers....I meant to. It's time for you people to move on. We don't need you here.

Lamar

Rich, this is your house...if you don't like the company kick them out...but don't burn down the house!

I have met some friends on this site as well...I consider wading through some of the cr@p a small price to pay for that.

Thanks for the site,

Corey

I'm sorry and if you want to ban me so be it. But who in the heck is "you people" and "we don't need YOU here anymore"?

This type post is what the problem is to me. It's ok until someone answers it..

Sorry Rich, Bill

Seems like several people agree that a few people ruin this site and are not welcome. Although I don't think I am the problem here, I have had a few issues. It's hard to tell who people are speaking of but I'll voluntarily get the heck of dodge so that others can enjoy this site. Peace out!

Rich,

I would hate to see this site go down. It has done so much good for so many people, it would be a shame to see it go away. This site has helped people get issues resolved with Tracker marine that may never have otherwise gotten resolved. Certanly helped many either repair a problem on thier own or help them keep thier boat in top runing condition. The tips on upgrades and fixes for common problems that cant be had anywhere else is invualable. If not for this site and the people on it i most likley would not own the nitro i own today, this was the only place i could get honest feedback when i was making a decision on a boat.

I agree that the pettyness and bickering has to stop, i have felt that for quite some time. If you would like some help moderating this site as others have mentioned i would be glad to help, just say the word.

"...a friend is someone that knows all the good and all the bad about you, but likes you anyway."

What more needs to be said...

I'm an equal opportunity friend who requires a lot of conscientius forgivenes... My "bad" is notoriously "bad"...

This time Harpo said what I was feeling... I don't judge who needs our support by the "why" or the "who"... Just that they need some help and support.

I would regret the loss of this place regardless of the reason... And, if all of us kept to the "keep it nice or don't say anything, it would be an improvement.

Mac, you can't go... Mini will be left a "widow"...

If Ken left I think Cheney would become the Pres... Right... He can't fish... So, that means Ken can't leave.. So, with that said... Everybody stays put and we go on having learned from our past experiences...

I always seem to keep saying "Well Said Greg"...

So, I'm guilty of saying it again:) And this, I believe, is from a Marine:)

Way to go Greg!! If I need help, I know who will respond.

Bill

Rich, as another member that doesn't post as much as I used to, I'd like to take the time to offer my opinion.

1) It's your site

2) There has been a lot of positive information here

3) There are people here that appreciate what you have given us

4) There are people here that take advantage of YOUR forum with apparent lack of respect for the "rules of engagement".

5) There will always be differences of opinions with the number of members that we have, however, I, like some others, seem to see some of the same "handles" involved in the altercations here.

6) I feel like there are enough level headed folks here to serve as moderators

Bottom line, I have communicated with, and met, many helpful, and knowlegable people here on NTOWS. But, I wil have to agree that the atmosphere has darkened lately. If It was my "house", I wouldn't tolerate it! I sincerely hope that you can find a way to keep the site open.

Bruce, livin' in the past, Moore

I have slowed down on posting here..I miss a few others that have stoped posting here..It was, there was to many adult posts then there was to many posts on off topic...Geeze people..If you take all this crap to heart you will loose your mind..

I really think some feed on being the center of attention and will do anything to be there..(hee hee)

I think this one right here needs to go away now..Hell Mac Ain't going no place...He would be missed to much..Rob will be back before long he will miss me...So time for me to start another message I guess...

If everybody here were as truly interested in discussing fishing and boating as they say they are...then I would have 70 replies to my questions on detecting strikes on a Carolina Rig and what line does everybody prefer for fishing crankbaits.

Harpo

Mini wont be a widow....he is on the fence and about to close the gate behind him.

My experience on this board has kind of been like high school. I've been here for 4 years. I've gained a wealth of knowledge and experience. I have learned from other's success as well other's failures. Everyone here over the last 4 years has influenced and or directly contributed to who I am today. I have also made many good friends along the way.

After 4 years of high school, people graduate and move on. I think it's time for me to move on. Thanks for all the good time gang.

Hold the gate Mini....I'm coming too.