What line for spinnerbaiting smallmouth in clear water ?

• Thread starter Marc LeTourneau
  • Start date
Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Marc LeTourneau

Reaction score
Last year I fished with Berkley and Stren fluorocarbon but they don't seem to be a popular choice. I use Trilene XT 14 lbs for Large Mouth but it's green i'm not sure it's the ideal choice in clear water. I fish around fallen trees so it got to be abrasive resistant. What do you use ?

Merci

Marc L

Marc,

I have used Stren Clear Blue Flourescent ( great visibility)in either 6# or 8# test for 30 years for smallmouth and have had little problems. I have tried Trilene also but went back to the Stren even though they were similar. With the size of the baits I use, I don't go over 8# test. Good luck with the smallies!!

Tom

I fish for smallies alot and use 10lb. stren high impact on my spinnerbait rod. It's saltwater line but I've been using it for years, It's clear and tough as nails.

Bugman

Hi Marc,

Nice to hear from you again. I've been using Power pro more and more, the abraisiveness is no problem and the smaller diameter helps. I enjoy it because of the solid hooksets I can make even in deep water.

Pierre

12 lb. test in Spiderwire Supermono...It has LOW memory and it'll haul the big ones in the boat. I've tried em' all for clear water(which is where I do 90% of my fishing)you won't find a CLEARER line in the water. Just compare some of the OTHER lines in crystal clear and you'll see the difference.

TEE

PS...That's for baitcasters and 8 lb. for spinning...

Latest posts

Back