Low-Vis green or Clear/Blue Fluorescent line?

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jeff R.

Reaction score
I've used the Stren original line for quite some time and am having very good luck with it and I do like it but I am up in the air as to which color is really better in clear to lightly stained water situation. When I look down in the water I can actually see both colors a little ways inti the water probably because of the amount of light at the surface. Does the clear blue fluorescent actually turn clear deeper under water so it is fairly invisible and could the low vis green actually stand out because it could be darker than the water? I actually prefer to use the clear blue fluorescent for the fact that it's much easier to see if your line is moving compared to the green but it seems, and maybe it's just my imagination, that I don't get as many bites with the clear blue compared to the green. Am I thinking too much or is it really that of a deal between the two? I'm sure in stained water it probably doesn't make much difference what color you use but the lake and pond I fish the most is either very clear to lightly stained and we go the Ozarks every year and it's usually lightly stained and we go next week which means fishing is tough anyway this time of year so I need all the advantages I can get! Thanks guys for any help or opinions you can give me. Jeff

I never understood the line color thing after we went to Champlain and St. Clair and caught smallies in gin clear water on braid that you can see all the way to the bottom. Splain that to me Lucy?!?!?:huh:

TOXIC

The only time I use or worry about color is when I can't see it. I've used Stren Original for years and then started using Magna-Thin and I don't know what color it is, blue maybe? I started using Stren Hi-Vis Yellow when I started using Senkos. That way I can see it.

If I can see it it's fine with me.

Uncle Billy

Latest posts

Back