What is a chatter bait???

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Are you talking about a "Chatterbait"? It's a swim jig with sort of a lip on the front. It seems to be all the rage. I haven't tried one yet but the factory is so back ordered that they were going for over 100 bucks on E-Bay.

Harpo
http://www.chatterbait.com/

For $100, it better make the fish jump out of the water and into to my livewell !

For a hundred dollars I'd have fresh dolphin flown in and stay home. :lol:

Okay, here is what it look like. I've not used one personally, but been in 2 different boats where they were used.

2 1/2 weeks ago on Santee Cooper, my partner used it to swim through some very narly weeds and crap. Nary a snag/foul up. It make the jig 'very eratic' in the water, since it is not a fixed lip.

They were 'born and bred' here in the Carolinas.

sm_blkblu_chatter.jpg

Tex

I spoke with the owner at our local mom and pop about the chatterbaits. He sadi that he sold out of the first 200 that he got and had a buch more on back order.

I asked if anyone here in the Knoxville area was cathing any with them. His reply, "Not to my knowledge". I think I'll hold off a little longer.

Steve

Hey, just like Bill Dance says . . . . .

If you use the right bait, at the right time, and the fish are hungry, and , and , and . . . .

:wub:

Tex

i used one for 2 years and am still waiting to catch a fish on one. it looks awesome, i will throw it over grass this year and hope for the best...again

mike

100 bucks for a bait that a pike can swipe in a heartbeat??? I don't think so.....5 or 6 dollar lures work pretty good for that!! LOL!!

Bob G.

I spoke with a buddy of mine and he has a couple....said he has never caught a fish on them..... he said don't spend the money.... I may try one of his...... Thanks!

Kraig

Back