What did Santa Bring ya?

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Greg Meyer

Reaction score
That is fishing, boating related? My wife refuses to feed my addiction. She counted the rod/reel setups and she counted my B&B Bait Boxes (each holds around 200 crankbaits) and said my "Imelda Marcos'" comments about her shoes paled in comparison to my own absurd behavior. She doesn't get it... But, I no longer get any fishing/boating related presents from her. So, I have to rely on my children...

Christmas comes early here because I have grandchildren that arrive just a few minutes after 0 Dark 30. They have been up for hours so it's off to our house for breakfast and more presents.

Well, my son loves me... Two new nice baitcasting setups.. Med/Heavy with reels with flippin switches. We use them for jigging heavy 1-2oz jigs in Mississippi River (and others) tailwater up close to the dam or on heavy three ways (1-3oz dropper and a 18-24" leader with live bait) in the same places. The flippin switch lets you run a rod in each hand and still stay in contact with the bottom as the depths change while you mneuver around with your trolling motor (need that 100lb+ model) in the fast current. My current reels were about 20yr old rebuilt (several times) Abus and the reels were just worn out past another possible rebuild. So, I REALLY NEEDED these...

Well, anybody else get exactly what they needed?

Greg,

Nothing here yet. David (son) is working today until 5 and then we are going to do Christmas. Odd, this is our first year with him "working" and no 0 dark thirty getting up...I was up before the rest of the family. Had my coffee, read the paper and enjoyed the Christams stuff on TV.

Will psot more later though :)

My wife is retiring (much to my pleasure) as co pilot and navagator and I got a Garmin GPS for the trusty Powerstroke. Hopefully no more screaming "You MISSED THE TURN STUPID" now. !@#%%& man why don't you listen to ME!!!!! :wacko:

Also got a neat bag of hardware for my British Enfield SMLE I'm restoring from a sporter to a Military Spec rifle. Got some sling swivels screws, barrel bands, nose band or piece. :):) Also got a benchtop drill press :cool:

The boy brought me a NAVY sweatshirt from his sub base.

fatrap

Fatrap, I hate t' tell ya this, but......get used to that Garmin screaming, "OFF ROUTE! RECALCULATING!!!" It's just as bad. We call ours Myrna. Myrna from the Mothership, the only woman who can tell me where to go.

We're not opening gifts until tomorrow. The brother-in-law is a firefighter and its the first day family can be together.

No fishing stuff, but I did receive a Garmin nuvi 255W "toy" for my truck. Been wanting one for awhile, so "Santa" came through for me, lol. Merry Christmas to all ! :cool:

Guess everyone has learned that I am particular. I now receive either cash or gift certificates to BPS. Right now just shy of $400. Add that to my credit card points and I probably have $500. Can't wait to get there next weekend!

Randy!

I got an auto-inflating Mustang vest, a BassPro Gift Card (already ordered a new line counter reel, jig trailers and worms online with it!!).

The boys each got Daisy BB guns (OK not fishing related, but cool!), and Eli got his own 2 spinning combo's from Bass Pro. He already broke one in with a nice 2lb spotted bass on Tuesday afternoon on a shakeyhead (he's already calling out his worm colors to me!! LOL)

Merry Christmas to all my NTOWS family!

Rabbi Trepper

Trepper...

A linecounter... What would a waywar5d bass guy like you do with a linecounter? You aren't planning on invading Wisconsin again?:p

Trepper...

A linecounter... What would a wayward bass guy like you do with a linecounter? You aren't planning on invading Wisconsin again?:p

Greg - Stealth invasion!!! LOL

Nah, we got none of those toothy fish down here, but we do have a good population of Stripers and Hybrids, Umbrella Rigs trolled are killer!!

three gift cards to BPS. Will be making a road trip as soon as the ice storm clears up.

1 ice fishing rod 2 ice lures, and $400 in BPS gift cards. :wub: Add that to the $150 in gift cards I got for my birthday plus reward points and I'm going to have a great time at the spring fishing classic! I also got a little buddy propane heater for my portable ice fishing shanty. :D I hope everyone had a GREAT Christmas or Hanukkah with their family.

Gene

I got an Easy View tackle system and a set of led lights from Bluewater for the Z7.

I also sent my prop out to DAH propeller to get it blueprinted, cupped, sharpened and balanced. I got it back on the 23rd so i guess its a Christmas present to myself. It looks awesome just like the last one they did for me for my 882.

Wife said I got my Christmas present back in October when I got the new F250 with out telling her :D

... I know ...I am a brave man

Truck%20004web.jpg

Dewey - you get a new Z9 with a 300 Merc to tow with that beast??? LOL

WOW, love the color, enjoy the truck man!

I wish ... it does pull the toon real nice ... she did get me a personal plate for it

it says TOWM8ER

Dewey - TOO cool!!! "TOWM8ER"

I assume you tow the trailer/5th wheel with it.

Chandler, I have a great friend from College still in Chandler (we met at Purdue, my mom in is in Scottsdale). I think we will be out there in either Feb or April, i'll let ya know, and maybe we can hook up for some fishing! Should be still be cool enough I hope.

Trep

nope the 5th wheel is my neighbors ... I only tow the toon ... I had a 2003 F150 and got 10 mpg when I towed the toon .... I get 15.5 with the diesel:)

I got nothing fishing related this year....but I did by myself a Christmas present...07 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon. Got a sweet deal and drove to South Carolina and picked it up. Having 2 weeks off work is dangerous for me. :)

You are a car-aholic Mistress Teri!!!!:lol: You must trade 'em in when the gas gauge gets below 1/4...:wacko:

Sounds like a fun vehicle... Congrats..

Pictures? Since I am still driving my 93 Wrangler, I am a little enamored with them. 260,000 and goin strong!!

TOXIC

I don't have any pictures at the moment. I just ordered some rims so I am sure I will take a few after that. Took me a minute to get used to it. It's not a BMW but I love it so far. The Nav/radio system is awesome. So glad I decided I had to have that. They gave me decent money for my BMW and gave me trade in value on theirs. I was happy with the deal. Can't wait to off road it.

I kept the last 2 vehicles one year each. My prediction........I will keep this longer than any other car I've had in the last 5 years.:wub:

Here's a picture from the dealer:

jeepjk.jpg

Teri - SWEET! Love the 4 door Jeeps! And that one has the removable hard top it looks like ,great fun in the summer! Rims? You getting 22 inch spinners???? LOL

Now we want a pic of the Jeep towing the Nitro! Enjoy!

Trep, I thought you might like it since it has a minivan engine in it.:p

YOU BE EXTRA CAREFUL IF YOU ARE GOING TO TOW WITH THAT RIG!! Did I say that loud enough? Short wheelbase jeeps are a different animal to tow with. The heavist I ever towed with mine was an old (1969) heavy pop-up camper and while towing wasn't bad at all, stopping was a little difficult. I had to be very aware of what I was doing. You will like the coil over suspension, much smoother than my 4 leaf setup. You will find out very quickly if you are a "jeep person" or not. They lose their fun factor eventually, especially if it is an everyday driver. I have known 2 people who bought them just to turn around and sell them within a couple of years because they missed the creature comforts of a car. Knowing you, you might just be a "jeeper"!!:lol: Plan on going to a couple of jeep jamboree's when they are in your area, they are a blast and you can pick the difficulty of the trails you want to tackle. You've had a Rover and other 4 wheel drive vehicles, now you get to play with the original!!

Oh and by the way, If we ever meet up on the road, you are bound by the jeep owners (Wranglers only) to institute the "jeep wave" to me since I have the older model year!!:lol::lol:

Read all about it here:

TOXIC
http://jeeptalk.org/jeep_wave.php

i got nothin....but i havent ordered anything yet! :)

Teri, Teri, Teri...ya gone and done it again. What a surprise! Not. :) Hope it's a good vehicle for you.

Not fishing or boating related, but I got a nifty 10x monocular with a handy belt clip case that should be easier to lug around the woods than a pair of binoculars. I just spent my remaining accumulation of BPS gift cards from Christmas' past on a Copilot wireless remote for my troller.

Hope everyone had a good holiday season. Reality set in Monday morning. Ugh.

Rich, you should resally like that Co-Pilot. One of the ways we use it is to run the gas kicker (10hp) and use the Auto-Pilot and Co-Pilot to "steer" on long trolling passes. It really helps when two people are "distracted" by landing a big fish.

I got a late present from me! I got a new Kachman handline reel (regularly $180) on sale at Gander Mountain for $40!!!!!:cool:

Latest posts

Back