Used Prostaff boat warranty issue

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Does the defect affect the performance? The seats are a totally different issue. What kind of warranty did you get, fill us in. What does the warranty say with regard to the seats? Are they covered and were they that way when you bought it?

TOXIC

<Does the defect affect the performance? The seats are a totally different issue. What kind of warranty did you get, fill us in. What does the warranty say with regard to the seats? Are they covered and were they that way when you bought it? >

Well, Tracker got a hold of me pretty quick after someone there read my post. Still aren't going to budge on the warp or seats. I'll probably get my cable fixed though. Whoopee!! Their stance is that the hull is not failing YET, but I would sure like to know what the heck is going on with it. A twisted transom just isn't normal whether something actually broke or not. They won't even pull the floor up there to even get a visual look at the structure because supposedly the pictures don't tell them anything and they can't warrant taking out the boat floor unless they know it's failing for sure. Kinda double talk don't you think. They're sending me an official letter stating there is no structural problem, but how do they know? ARRRGGGGHHH!!!! Basically, I'm stuck until/if it actually fails and it's too late for an easy fix. They will cover the repair, but only if it's a complete failure and starts affecting performance or safety. If it's just cosmetic, so be it and I guess my insurance company will cover the fix and paint. Would sure be nice to know for both mine AND TRACKERS benefit($$$)!

As for the warranty, when the title transfers owners, you lose all the first year coverage. I though that morally, because Tracker knows the history of that boat and it was only used for ONE tournament before the sale, they would cover the seats and such. A bummer, but not the end of the world. The hull is my real concern.

Like i have said in earlier posts...Gotta love them boys @ Tracker...Wonder why them Stratos And Skeeter boys are offering much more for The same....Hum???? Sorry Terroreyes for your headache,s...Tracker may have a no haggle price but it shows in situations like yours...

If they say the hull is a cosmetic problem then either you get evidence to the contrary or it is what it is. Obviouslly if it fails (hopefully at no risk to your safety) then you have made your case and it sounds like tracker has agreed, it will be fixed. You bought the boat with what sounds like no warranty and you expect them to "morally" fix it. I think I would have gotten that in writing. If they have no obligation via a warranty then they won't fix it. And I got news for ya rltofishing, neither would Triton, Skeeter, Ranger, Champion, Bass Cat, Allison, Bullet or any other manufacturer.

TOXIC

Nope, the hull still carries the full Tracker warranty. I only lose the warranty on the stuff like seats and cables, etc covered in the first year. First communication was that all repairs except the protrusion were denied based on the second owner clause. Since then, the warp is denied because it's not causing a performance issue and the seats aren't covered because they haven't seen moisture stains like that before and the second owner clause. It would be a nice jesture on their part to cover an '05!!!, but like I said, that's not my major concern.

Here's the pic the hull diagnosis is being made from. Follow the line of grass. It should be straight. There is definitely a warp. Can you tell whether there is a structural problem for sure? Someone there supposedly can. Should it not warrant further investigation? You'd think they would want their flagship boat running around with a warped hull.

I'm not looking for a freebie. I just want the problem addressed properly NOW!! Not to turn into the typical Tracker horror story of repairs shluffed off until it becomes a major problem. I've put my neck and reputaion out on the line on their behalf many times for the way they handled previous issues for me. I'm always taking a beating on the walleye sites for backing them up. Now when it comes down to a possible major issue, they're going to give me only 50% effort, if that? I'm only asking to have it checked out properly.

Notice the 2nd Tracker in the reflection too. Obviously I'm a loyal owner!!!
http://mywebpages.comcast.net/paint2k/dtc/passenger02.jpg

I see what you mean. Picture might not do it justice but I can also see where it will not affect performance. Have you had your repair shop write an explanation on what it is and what they feel caused it?

TOXIC

They can't tell. Tracker won't approve for the rear deck to be removed and see. My whole complaint. They want to guess and blow it off and HOPE it won't become a more serious problem. Maybe afraid of what's under there and keeping their fingers crossed?? You also can't see in that pic that there is a bulge directly under the transom board.

Before I lose sight of my main concern. Kinda got off track just trying to get them to just look at it. I also want to point out that I don't even want that warp there, even if it is cosmetic! Like I said in the first post.....who's going to buy a Tundra with a warped hull? Letter stating the hull is fine or not????? I don't plan on selling it, but what if I would have to or want to? I'm sure a good repair shop could float that warp out if it's not going any further!???

Good luck,you ill need it.....Tox help him out

I will wait and see again... Once again, if the "shape" of the boat changes over time... ie. a "warp" develops... I would think that that might be a defect... a prelude to more. What if something "inside" (not visible) has "let go/broken/shifted"... That could be interesting and maybe dangerous. I would go somewhere and get a profesional opinion (at my own expense) and then contnue this if that opinion says that something is seriously wrong.

I would not quit yet. Just step it up a notch if the second opinion says something needs to be fixed.

Good luck...

I don't know the complete details (as I'm sure none other than yourself here does), but I do hope you get your situation resolved. Unfortunately, buying a used boat (from whomever) does not give the new boat warranties in transfer. This is true with Tracker and most every brand. I'm sorry you have some cosmetic and/or possible structure issues, but the warranty should have been spelled out better from the seller. I've sold 7 of my Pro Staff boats to individuals that were fully aware of what warranties came with their purchase and, to my knowledge, have not had a single problem after their sale. Again I'm sorry for your woes and I hope you get the level of satisfaction that you are entitled to. Good luck!

Anyone care to guess what happened 4 trips into the season? Care to guess how slowly Tracker is moving to resolve the issue after they gambled that it was nothing and lost. Kiss my whole fishing season goodbye! Thanks alot guys!!! Nice to put my families safety at risk!! :angry:

I'll put it this way. I have a $50,000+ pile of scrap aluminum on a trailer in my driveway. They wouldn't inspect it and there ended up being broken welds which led to the failure of the transom and hull it looks like. Transom is literally starting to separate from the hull.

I just really wonder when these people decide to gamble because they "can't justify the expense" to properly address a problem, if they realize there are women, children, and whole families on these boats? Does someone have to die? Do they realize people work looonnnggg and hard hours to enjoy their boats? They just don't care. All about the almighty $$$.

Would you say I'm wrong about having the issue addressed NOW, not at their convenience? I've tried and tried to have this problem addressed since May '05. I did my part twice now and they STILL want to drag their feet.

Tracker has a policy:

If they can get out of a repair for any reason..."run like hell and deny it"

Only thing that has kept me from plopping down $40K on another Nitro is their reputation for problems and running and hiding behind legalities instead of standing behind their product.

Don't get me wrong, they are a comfortable, dry ride...but at what cost?

Latest posts

Back