Update on Russell fishing

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Texas Transplant

Reaction score
Went to Russell (on the SC/GA border) again this weekend. Didn't have TrepMan with me this time. No home-brew!

It was like pea-soup on Saturday. Fog was so bad, you couldn't see 50 feet in front of you. Did manage to put one 2lb'er in the live well. Chased and caught my Bill Dance Fat Free Shad!

Eating a sandwich around noon time in a cove. Shad start tickling the surface every 30-45 seconds. Tied on the Bill Dance special, cast about 20 feet past a boil that was subsiding, and locked on to the chunk. Other than that, the only thing else I caught was one each - Chain Pickerel. About 6-7 ounces. Just flat attacked my buzz bait near the weed line.

Only two limits got weighed, and they were light. Big fish went only 2.8 lbs.

A large group (12), were at the same camp we were at. As they were leaving, they said that in 5 days, they totaled just 40 fish! This is a group that fishes seriously, and often. Bite on Russell is really slow right now.

Heading to Clarks Hill, just below Russell, this weekend for my regular club tourney. Fishing is reported to be much better there.

Tex

Latest posts

Back