New Yamamoto Hard Baits

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Scott Hammer TOXIC

Reaction score
Just an FYI that Gary Yamamoto has come out with a new line of hardbaits. I couldn't wait to get my hands on them and give them a try. Problem is that demand has been high and until they can ramp up production, Dick's is the only retail outlet they are in. I ordered 40 from Yamamoto and they sent me seven:confused: So I was limited on what I had to try. Here are the 3 I tied on last weekend:

IMG-20131005-00286.jpg

A blue "walking" bait, a shad square bill and a green pumpkin black fleck medium diver. I caught multiple fish on the first 2 but never got really deep enough to throw the medium diver. I did throw it a little and got some follows. My biggest fish came on the topwater but like a doofus I tried to swing him in and he flopped off. Proof is in the pudding so here are the resuls and I promise you I didn't stage any of the pics, I was in my boat alone so I had to hold the fish and take pics!!

IMG-20131006-00289.jpg

IMG-20131006-00290.jpg

And my biggest of the day came off a Yamamoto DShad tossed under a dock into a brushpile, man do I like that bait. I was trying a new color, the blue shad color.

IMG-20131006-00291.jpg

Great 91 degree day in October!!

Steve, I have a GoPro Hero 3 Black edition that I hafta learn how to use!! It has a suction cup mount for the windshield. I filmed some in Wisconsin and I know it takes stills as well.....and had a wifi remote. I'm too lazy to learn it!!:)

Steve, I have a GoPro Hero 3 Black edition that I hafta learn how to use!! It has a suction cup mount for the windshield. I filmed some in Wisconsin and I know it takes stills as well.....and had a wifi remote. I'm too lazy to learn it!!:)

My buddy has one of those, be sure to download the app for it, you can control the gopro with it and use it as a viewfinder so you know you're getting the shot you want.

You assume I have a phone capable of doing that!!:) I have a Blackberry, my daughter took the I-phone and my good phone number.:D

Latest posts

Back