1. Welcome to Nitro & Tracker Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

New Yamamoto Hard Baits

Thread in 'Fishing' started by Scott Hammer TOXIC, Oct 8, 2013.

1. Scott Hammer  TOXIC

Scott Hammer TOXIC Well-Known Member

Just an FYI that Gary Yamamoto has come out with a new line of hardbaits. I couldn't wait to get my hands on them and give them a try. Problem is that demand has been high and until they can ramp up production, Dick's is the only retail outlet they are in. I ordered 40 from Yamamoto and they sent me seven:confused: So I was limited on what I had to try. Here are the 3 I tied on last weekend:

IMG-20131005-00286.jpg
    A blue "walking" bait, a shad square bill and a green pumpkin black fleck medium diver. I caught multiple fish on the first 2 but never got really deep enough to throw the medium diver. I did throw it a little and got some follows. My biggest fish came on the topwater but like a doofus I tried to swing him in and he flopped off. Proof is in the pudding so here are the resuls and I promise you I didn't stage any of the pics, I was in my boat alone so I had to hold the fish and take pics!!

IMG-20131006-00289.jpg

IMG-20131006-00290.jpg
    And my biggest of the day came off a Yamamoto DShad tossed under a dock into a brushpile, man do I like that bait. I was trying a new color, the blue shad color.

IMG-20131006-00291.jpg

Great 91 degree day in October!!

2. Okuma

Okuma Administrator Staff Member Administrator

3. Scott Hammer  TOXIC

Steve, I have a GoPro Hero 3 Black edition that I hafta learn how to use!! It has a suction cup mount for the windshield. I filmed some in Wisconsin and I know it takes stills as well.....and had a wifi remote. I'm too lazy to learn it!!:)

4. Okuma

Okuma Administrator Staff Member Administrator

My buddy has one of those, be sure to download the app for it, you can control the gopro with it and use it as a viewfinder so you know you're getting the shot you want.

5. Scott Hammer  TOXIC

You assume I have a phone capable of doing that!!:) I have a Blackberry, my daughter took the I-phone and my good phone number.:D