Ugh...what a weekend! LONG...like the weekend!

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rob LaMoy

Reaction score
Where to begin? We close on the old place Thursday and the new owners were nice enough to give us a few days to move our stuff out and into the new house. That afternoon, while doing some yardwork, I got stund twice on the left leg by a hornet.....I'm allergic to bees! So, with this swollen leg that looks like it definately doesn't belong on my body, I go to the closing Friday morning only to find out after TWO good faith "guestimates" that when buying from the fed goverment, they don't pay their closing costs....I DO! What? Anyway, that tapped out the last bit of extra money we had for moving expenses and repairs. I had $20 to my name Friday afternoon. Thank God for well to do father-in-laws! LOL So we start moving and NOBODY showed up to help. I had my 70 year old grandmother there helping with the cleaning...she loves to do that, I think it helps her feel independent. My gram ROCKS! Anyway, my 110 lb wife helping move what furniture I couldn't lift alone. By 11:00 Friday night when we finally stopped, my wife wanted me to go to the ER cause my leg looked like a stump, could barely get my boot off. So I run all the way back to P'burgh to shower and crash at my moms where by the way, we are all staying until the house is ready. My mom, gram, me, the wife, and both kids in a 2 bedroom apartment! LOL Did I say my gram ROCKS??? LOL So Saturday we continue moving, you'd be amazed at the amount of crap you accumulate over the years! So finally that afternoon, Michelle's cousin Christi and her husband Adam show up to help. Good thing cause I was screwed without them. Adam helped me until 11:00 that night bringing more loads out while Michelle and Christi attacked the lead based paint in the windows and gram kept pluggin away in the kitchen. So yesterday I had the tourney...a nice break, but I would rather have been getting things done at the house. It was hard to focus, but I forced myself. Buzz and went to our spot....and YES the fish are back. We nailed nice smallies all morning and averaged 3+ lbs. The bite turned off at about 1:00 as the wind died down and we tried a few other spots but never got another fish. We weighed in a full 8 fish limit...all fish very much kicking and alive and had 25.43 lbs. We had two smaller fish that were about 2.5 and 2.7 lbs we wanted to cull but never did. I had a solid 4+ lber shake me off at the boat that would have been the biggest fish and culled us up 2 lbs but it wasn't meant to be. Out of 68 boats we came in 11th.....they paid out to 10th!!! LOL We had 25.43, cut off was 25.70, can you believe it? That one fish would have jumped us up to about 5th or 6th and got us a check. So anyway, now I have to go "home" every night and put my dogs in the garage to guard the house, and then go to my moms to clean up, eat, and sleep. Then I have to get up early, run to 20 miles north, put the dogs out, drop my boy off at school and drive 25 miles south back to work. Every night after work it's back north to work on the house. AND....everyone is now getting sick with a nasty cold. So........was everyone's weekend better than that? I hope so. Sorry had to gripe, I'm done now. LOL Anyone available this weekend to do some electrical/plumbing/roofing/painting/cleaning????? LOL

LOL!! Keep the sense of humor going, Rob! It'll always serve you well!

Next year, you'll be laughing at all of this to help you get through new problems!

me!

If I lived close to ya' Rob I would be there, guess I will have to think about all that hard work your doin' LOL Congrats! on the new house!

Donnie

Rob, one thing I have learned... I'll try to do a lot of things myself, but moving just ain't on the list. Hire the professionals -- I realize not exactly an option after the GFEs left you high and dry... but man, moving bites.

Let's see, you did a very respectable job on the tourney, you have your first house... what more do you want from life (besides muscles that aren't aching and time to sleep)? :)

Hey Rob have you ever see the Movie Money Pit? I belive its with Tom Hanks and skinny blond from "Cheers". You sound like you have the same luck. To bad you can't buy sanity by the gallone sounds like you need it.

Keep the chin up and watch out for the WASPS.

fatrap

Sounds like a good weekend to me, except one place out of the money. I have been there for almost the past three years!

Mini

Fatrap, I had to remove a wasp nest on the front porch on Saturday night after limping around all day from a sting. Everyone was all nervous, but NOBODY else would do it...sooooo, I took my revenge after dark when all the little buggers were in the nest. One Wal-Mart bag full of carb cleaner did them in!

(sigh) moving day,it's not just a job,it's an adventure.

good luck.

Moving DAYS Steve.....and they were so much more than an adventure! LOL

Latest posts

Back