Tundra trim gauge

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Troy Murphy

Reaction score
Can someone tell me how to install a trim gauge and is it worth the trouble?

2007 Tundra with 150 opti max.

Also, I would like to install a switch on the dash lights. The lights are to bright for night running. Any thoughts on this would also be helpfull.

Troy:wacko:

Troy - I swapped out my Trim gauge for a water pressure gauge on my 700lx. What is the reason you want a trim gauge? If its something you want/need, go for it ,but can't tell ya where to install it :)

Don't really know about the 150, but my 90 merc was easy. Look at the top pin where the trim cylinder rod pin mounts to the motor bracket. You will probably have to tilt your motor up to see it. On the drivers side, if there is a slot in the pin and a tapped hole in the motor bracket by the pin, that's where it all goes. The sending unit has a "tongue" that fits in the slot and mounts to the threaded hole. The sending unit screw mount is slotted so you can fine tune your gage up or down to read correctly.

As far as the lights, if they are the clear bulbs, see if you can purchase red or green bulbs. It really cuts the brightness and glare way down at nite. I just colored mine with a green "Dykem" marker and no more glare or real brightness. Gauges are still easy to read.

Latest posts

Back