trolling motor

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tony silveira

Reaction score
Rope broke on my trolling motor today. It's a motor guide. I've never changed one before anyone have any pointers. Other than that awesome day on ca delta 22 lbs for best five. Great day.

22 lbs is not an Awesome limit on the Calif Delta LMAO!! If you are in the area though Bob's Marine had replacement pull strings. Some places have them on hand.

Well 22 lb was good for me not the best by far. I've never seen an 75 year old man say Lmao??

TJ - not hard to do. Threading to the tie off point can be a bit of a pain. No need to buy special trolling motor rope either. I've used rope meant for lawn mower pull starts and it works fine (cheaper too - funny how the term "marine" can add $$ to parts!).

Make sure you buy something with limited stretch. Feels weird if you don't, like its going to break

I actually threaded two ropes through mine. I f I break I already have one there ready.

I snapped mine this spring. Replaced it with a 1/16 or 3/32 vinyl coated cable that I got from Home Depot. It will never break again! I will upload a few pics and post them tonight.

Latest posts

Back