trolling motor mount

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mike Harris

Reaction score
Hello, on my trolling motor the back isolators have come out and when I replaced them the mushroom on the isolator is still coming out thru the holes and wont hold down . How do I fix this ? Thanks.

Take the Isolator out, cut the shaft part about 1/4" below the square block portion and throw away the the rest of the shaft part. Get a stainless steel 1/4-20 screw and insert it through the trolling motor bracket, through the isolator block, and through the deck. Install a stainless steel flat washer and then a stainless steel nyloc nut on the bottom. Tighten up and forget about those isolator washers every going bad again.

I've never liked those whole isolator inserts. The basic concept works well to keep noise and vibration down, but I've never liked how they hold down the motor. They always work loose over time, so I modify them for my own needs (just as an "isolator" and not as an "isolator/fastener" and install them with real fasteners. Never have a problem after that type of install.

All the best,

Glenn

Glenn thanks for the help after a little sweat and frustration I got her to go and shes as tight as ever. Kinda tricky in that small space.But once again a real BIG thank you!

Glad to hear it worked out well for you.

All the best,

Glenn

Latest posts

Back