Transducer placement on Pro 175 TWX

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dale Westmoreland

Reaction score
I have a Lowrance HD unit on my console. Transducer was placed on the right side of boat by Tracker. Unit works while fishing but once I get on plane, it stops. Talked with Lowrance and Tracker. I finally found out from Tracker they had a "Service Notification" regarding placement of the transducer and they sent it to me. It shows the transducer on the left side. Before I change mine, does anyone know if the side its mounted on makes a difference.

Since the prop rotates to the right there could be an issue with water being thrown more that way than to the left. I can't imagine that is the issue but if there is a service issue and the dealer will change it over for you, why not do it?

NoCAL

They have a 175 right at the front door at the BPS I worked for pretty slick little rig from what I've been told they fish bigger than they look. As for transducers I've had them on one side the other and on both sides at the same time. No problems when they're hanging right.... but! if Tracker got a notification I'd have them change it. I'd personally with my own eyes make damn sure they plugged the holes left on the old site. Sounds like a no brainer but TRUST ME> Search the archives here on this site there are plenty of tips on how a ducer should be mounted. Losing contact while on plane means the ducer isn't touching water or has cavitation under it. Cavitation can be caused by rivet sites, hull imperfections(never an issue with Tracker)or just the wrong angle it's touching the water. Just lowering it and eight of an inch can make the difference, but just changing sides sounds like the work of the "Good idea fairy" to me. But then again I'm a cynic. Do what they say so your not giving them a chance to weasel out of further help on the issue.:)

fatrap

Just look at the current model transducer placement. What you have has been wrong ever since they changed the transom style to the stepped type. NOW they do it correctly so it has a chance of working properly.

Latest posts

Back