Trailor Brakes

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Travis Blankenship

Reaction score
Does anybody know where I can get new brakes pads for my boat trailor. I went and checked my wheel bearings and noticed that on the passenger side the brake pads were wore in at an angle. Do any of you know what could have caused that? My rotor looks ok. My trailor is a nitro brand trailor with a single axle with surge brakes. Appreciate any help finding the best place for brake pads.

Its going to be very hard to help without some information. Nitro does not build the brakes that go on the trailers. They are supplied by an outside ventor, normally UFP or tiedown depending on the year. On your trailer somewhere near the tounge there should be some stickers that list axle information etc. you need to look for either trailerbuddy or tiedown on that sticker. Knowing the vintage of the trailer and what sits on it may help narrow it down as well.

That being said my last trailer had ufp brakes on it and they had a tendancy to do that for what reason i dont know.

If you can get to Evansville In. or call Hardy Brake on Franklin St. They had the shoes for my 94 Nitro trailor but they are not cheap.

Back