trailer tires

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JP Heintzman

Reaction score
Took my trailer tires in to get balanced the guy said he never heard of anyone balancing their trailer tires:huh:? I figure that my trailer tires go as fast as my truck tires, so they ought to be balanced to prevent uneven wear and reduced stress on the bearings. Anyway, was interested to see if anyone else balances their trailer tires? Seems like $5.00 a tire is a good investment;). Ya'll be good and have a great 4th of July, see ya on the water!

JP

I do. Always have... and I hear it every time... "You really want to balance TRAILER tires???" I've heard it for the past 15+ years "You don't really need to...", but I'm like you - it's a good investment in my eyes.

All the best,

Glenn

I always have. I understand the fact that I hardly ever ride down the road in the boat on the trailer. But on that rare event I want a smooth ride.. LOL

It's worth the price.

BF

JP,

Something else to point out. When a lot of these tire guys hear "trailer tires", they automatically envision a hauling trailer or something like that. You know, lawn and garden trailers, etc... that don't get hauled long distances at highway speeds.

All the best,

Glenn

Just to echo the above, get 'em balanced. Every trailer I've had and currently own get the tires balanced immediately after purchase. You'll save on tire wear and stuff shaking loose under tow making it well worth the few bucks a tire spent. Good luck! ;)

Ditto. Took mine in to a Merchant's tire dealer. They didn't even bat an eyelash. Said no problem. Given the weights on the tire/wheel, I'm glad I had it done!

Latest posts

Back