Trailer swap

• Thread starter Phillip Sexton2
  • Start date
Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Do you think my 1997 Nitro 884 savage will fit on a 2008 Nitro Z7 trailer? My old 1997 trailer is about to rust out. I know it will be slightly wider, but think the bunk geometry will be OK. The winch might have to move back also. What do you think? I have till Tuesday to make up my mind. The folks at Nitro don't give a rip and won't help me.

That is a tough question. What I'd recommend is to meet the prospective seller at the ramp, simply float yours on for a test fit. Aside from the inherent good attributes, the problem with "galvashield trailers" is that once damaged or "modified" by cutting, welding, etc., they cannot be repaired to "as new" condition. Any attempts to weld will destroy the galvanizing on the inside of the trailer. Once that happens, exposed, untreated metals are left to corrode. Life span drastically shortened. This is true with ANY galvanized trailer. They are great trailers but be careful with them.....;)

I understand. My old trailer had no galvashield of any kind. The next year did I understand. The old trailer has done this while being stored under a shed. I told the dealer the same thing, that a test fit would tell the most. Thanks.

Nitro started galvanizing the tube steel trailers in 05

Back