Trailer surge brakes on Nitro

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Michael Snow

Reaction score
I have a 99 Nitro 911CDC. Well, the trailer brakes don't seem to be doing their job. It has disc brakes. I disconnected the wiring and backed up, pulled forward, backed up, etc. until the trailer seemed much firmer on the brakes. I know on drum brakes, this is a self-adjusting method. Is that true for discs, or am I just losing pressure? I did let it run out of brake fluid, at least the reservoir got dry. I've filled it up and kept an eye on it, and it seems to be holding fine now. I haven't bled the brake system though. So, any gurus got a thought?

Mike, if you let the reservoir go dry then you might have air in the lines, you should flush and bleed the brakes. if you have any questions about how to bleed the brakes go to this web site.

Eric H.
http://www.ufpnet.com/

Mike -

No, you don't "adjust" disc brakes the way you do with drums.

I agree with Eric, you should probably bleed the brake lines.

me!

I agree with scott and eric on bleeding the brakes. but before you bleed them you need to find out why you lost that much fluid. you either have a leak somewhere or your pads are severly worn. i would check all the lines to make sure there is no leak and also check the condition of the pads. if they are worn out replace them.

Latest posts

Back