Trailer rusting out

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Carl Carlsen

Reaction score
Has anyone had problem with there trailers rusting rust out. I have a 97 savage 884 never been in salt water and my trailer is failing fast crosss bar are just about rusted completely through I had to weld and bolt steel to the bottom just to carry the boat. nitro not any help say they no long have the

pattern to make a trailer. any one else with this problem

Carl, Anything you have that is metal and gets dipped in the water is going to rust. I do not know what the lifespan of the normal boat trailer is but you are always fighting a losing battle with mother nature. Your best bet is to get it fixed as best as possible and when the time comes that it can't be fixed, get a new trailer. I'm sure some rust faster than others but I really don't think there is anything you can do about it. I bought some spray where after you knock off all of the loose rust you spray it and through a chemical reaction, it stops the rust. I then give it a shot of paint. It has worked well for me. Rust is a cancer for trailers and they all get it sooner or later.

TOXIC

Rhino Liner after It's fixed....It's like the new ranger trailer..It works..But you must have It fixed before you seal It.....

If I remember correctly...the 884 is not very different dimensionally from the current 882. 2" longer and 1" narrower. A trailer from an 882 might work for you.

I have had the same issue I have a 2000 911 and my trailer is toast. I have washed it off everytime i fish . I orderd a new one from tracker and that was a mistake it's been 4 months now and no trailer it's to the point where it won't pass inspection. the brake system is rusted out the bunk board bracket are rusted (just waiting for the boat to fall ) you best bet is to look on the web there are a few places that will make a trailer for you you just need to get all the mesurments. Might pay a few more dollars but i'm sure you won't wait as long as I have.

good luck

Hey my 96 896 trailer busted a cross member while i was fishing on Rayburn. Only noticed it when we dumped the boat in the water and watched the trailer go up the ramp.

I welded angle iron on every cross member that following weekend and it lasted for awhile.

Latest posts

Back