Tracker's retail presence growing

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rich Stern

Reaction score
A while back, Tracker made an investment in Travis Boating Centers. Travis operates about 20 retail boating stores in the southeastern US, selling various brands, including Carver, Ranger, Sea Ark and Fishmaster, among others.

Travis has been having financial trouble for a while, and the Tracker investment appeared to be designed to save Travis if business continued to go poorly. Well, it continues to go poorly. In January, Travis had to draw on some of the funds made available by Tracker because it couldn't meet it's obiligations in any other way.

Using Tracker money came with a couple of tripwires: Tracker now owns 53% of Travis, and has the right to name 4 of the 7 directors on the company's board.

Therefore, Tracker has become the controlling owner of one of the largest boating retail chains in the U.S.

What this means for the future success of Travis is hard to say. I don't expect Ranger or Sea Ark boats to be carried at Travis stores much longer. I'm sure Tracker will have other brands in mind. :)

Moreover Rich...what's it really mean for Tracker....will Travis be sellin' Trackers & Nitro's?

TEE

"After the Franchise Wars ended, all restaurants became Taco Bells!"

- Sandra Bullock in "Demolition Man"

scott - i remember that movie - sandra was most excellent in that one as that was a good role for her. i just don't know if i could get used to pepsi... diet coke rocks!

jd

Kraig, any of the financial stock/news sites will have that info if you look up Travis by their ticker symbol: TRVS. I use Yahoo!'s Financial section.

As you might expect, TRVS is not doing very well (currently 42 cents a share).

May be a good time to buy if Tracker can turn them around. IF! So much is wrong with the economy right now and with war pending, I wouldn't invest in ANY recreational companies unless you can leave the money tied up for a long time until it rebounds! Then you could make out like a bandit. I think you will see a lot of "day traders" on the bread line soon if they're not already.

JD -

I get a kick out of Sandra to begin with..... Topped off by the innocent girl-next-door quality in that movie..... I wonder if she likes to go fishin'.....

:^)

me!

Latest posts

Back