Tracker Warranty? Should I extend?

• Thread starter Jake Oleary [URL]http://www.newenglandbass.com[/UR
  • Start date
Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jake Oleary

Reaction score
Just got a letter in the mail from tracker saying my 1 year warranty on my 2006 911 is up. They are offering me an extension on it, for of course $$. Not sure how much. I do have 5 year warrenty on the motor however, since they had a extended warranty deal at the time of purchase.

Anyone any experiences with the extended tracker warranty or wise words for me?

Thx

http://www.newenglandbass.com

Personally i wouldnt do it. You still have the remainder of your hull structural warranty in place and your remaining motor warranty. those are the two things i could care about the most. The extended warranty i would think would cover things like pumps, switches etc. given how much stuff like that does not break i wouldnt think its worth it. Given my expreience with my nitro and the things that have broken on it that wouldnt be covered the hull or motor warranty i would say its not worth it. In 6 years on things that were "broken" that would not be covered under either the hull or motor warranty i think i have sunk maybe $250 ino the boat and trailer. I have replaced a couple of well pumps and some of the latches on the compartments due to busted locks and bunks and seals on the trailer. anything else i havce done to the boat has pretty much been an upgrade or a replacement wear item( like batteries) that wouldnt be covered anyway.

Most extended warranties aren't worth the paper they're written on. Lots of times there are exclusions, deductables, etc. Essentially, these things are a gamble with the company selling them as the "house" (i.e., the odds are stacked in their favor that nothing covered will go wrong). Yes, sometimes you'll hear the story of someone with catastrophic failure on a major covered component and it turns out that the extended warranty was worth every penny. Problem is that you never hear about the vast majority of folks that paid for the warranty (or spent $100's on lottery tickets), but never had to use it. Think about it this way, if you were a coropration in the business of making money, why would you sell a product (i.e., a warranty) that would lose you money in the long run? Definitely not!

Latest posts

Back