Tracker Pt175txw

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Keachi Drift

Reaction score
I bought a 2015 Tracker Pro Team 175TXW with a 4S Mercury 75HP. 1st time in the water it seemed the bow was high. Bought it a year ago and i just got used to it. I just added a 10 ft Talon and it seems sit back even more. Any sudden stops and water swamps in over the transom. Is this the norm for this boat? Dealership is not very helpful.

I have had boats that if I came off plane at high speed, i would need to throttle up to prevent back wash. It is still habit to look back when coming off plane. As far as bow riding high check your motor trim.

It sits in the water this way, bow up. I get on plane with no problem. As if the motor is too heavy.

I've got a 2017 190TX with the 4S 115 on it. Same beam width as yours, same length as the 195. These boats will plane out pretty quick with the prop trimmed all the way down. Nose on mine rises significantly more than I was used to on an older PT175 with a 40hp on it but it drops back down as it comes up on plane. I can pick my nose up as I trim up and have noticed it will stay high If I try to get on plane with the motor trimmed up. As for backwash. It's common - never saw it with my old 40 but definitely notice it with the 115 - you kill thrust and the weight of the motor drops the transom pretty quickly. I just throttle down til the boat settles flat, then give it a momentary nudge, the extra wake and the bump forward kill the wash. You have to remember, that wake you are producing behind the boat is going to keep coming forward regardless of whether you stop the boat.

Bow Height.jpg
Here's mine coasting - my son still has the motor trimmed up from launching it, but there's not real thrust going on right now either. I try to throttle up with the motor this high and the bow will rise above my head easily.

Latest posts

Back